68 Lesabre wiper won't stay on

Guest bugsy1955

Guest bugsy1955

Hello! The right windshield wiper arm keeps popping off. Tried just about everything but can't seem to get it to fully seat. What's the trick to get it to snap on????

Thanks!

There is usually some sort of lock to hold the arm onto the cam. Align the splines, and the key way, hold the arm cocked away from the windshield, Push the arm down onto the cam and then release the arm. IF the arm itself is not the lock, then there could be a sliding lock incorporated intothe base of the arm. It wold be helpful if you can post a picture of the area of the arm that sits on the wiper cam, arm upside down.

Guest bugsy1955

At first I thought that there was a piece of the lock missing. The 2 slots look exactly the same except the one has the small locking clip. I found other pictures of the arm and they are all the same. I fooled around with it again and it appeared the arm was not going on or would go on exactly straight on the spindle which seemed to prevent the arm from fully seating. I manipulated the spring mechanism with a screwdriver as I seated the arm and it seems to have installed correctly. Hasn't come off yet and the wipers seem to seat correctly when off. Time will tell though.

Thanks for your help and I'll let you k now if they come off again