Wiper blades

Rogillio

My 26 Coupe had a single, hand operated windshield wiper. It didn't have any rubber and had various paints on the arms. I took it off and stripped to bare metal and will paint it. For the blade I took an old wiper off my pick up truck and cut it to length....basically made a blade. But it looks really good.

But I noticed there are 3 holes on the windshield....indicating the single arm is not original. Should the 26 Coupe have an electrical wiper?

This vacuum wiper motor might be what you are looking for. I bought and sold this wiper motor years ago because my car's wiper fits on a bracket outside.

Good luck finding one like this. It was made of pot (die cast) metal and they were prone to warping over time.

post-34830-143142775746_thumb.jpg

Attached are 3 photo's of the vacuum wiper motor after my attempt to restore it. You can see the bracket for the original motor is on the outside of the car. In order to make it fit, I had to shim it away from the

windshield. I wanted to make it look as original as possible even though it was obviously made for an inside mount. You would get the vacuum from a "T" fitting on the vacuum tank

post-34830-143142776312_thumb.jpg

post-34830-143142776307_thumb.jpg

post-34830-14314277631_thumb.jpg

Shown below are 2 photo's of how /where the vacuum line is attached to the vacuum tank. Notice the black rubber hose going into the firewall. The 3rd photo is of the little wiper control knob located to the left of the choke lever.

post-34830-143142776363_thumb.jpg

post-34830-143142776358_thumb.jpeg

post-34830-143142776361_thumb.jpeg

Shown below are 2 photo's of how /where the vacuum line is attached to the vacuum tank. Notice the black rubber hose going into the firewall. The 3rd photo is of the little wiper control knob located to the left of the choke lever.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]275249[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]275250[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]275251[/ATTACH]

awesome pictures. Are the 2 motor shots pre and post restore/paint job or different cars?