Thank you to the Hershey Region for a GREAT show

jackofalltrades70

Amen. Great year. I lived on the Green field, from Tuesday noon until Friday at one, never left the grounds.

Thanks to Hershey Region for another wonderful experience, and anyone who stayed away because of weather missed out....

And still got a lump in my throat, 8 am every morning, National Anthem, and everyone would stop and honor our flag and country....

The National Anthem is my FAVORITE part of each day at Hershey!

I have been staying at an off ground campground the last few years. I may try the field across from Hershey next year. It's only me and I don't need much when at Hershey! Have a generator for power. Might save a little money. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciated the fact that cars stayed on--and were

required to stay on--the show field until 3:00 p.m.

That has always been an A.A.C.A. rule, but it hadn't

been enforced at Hershey in recent years. It's no fun

for the people who come thousands of miles to see the

show, only to have the cars leave while they're still looking!

I also appreciated the small orange information cards

in the window of every car for sale in the car corral.

It gave all the pertinent information at a glance.

Hershey Region members definitely deserve their accolades!

"...cars were required to remain on the showfield until 3pm...." Amen, after setting up our vendor spaces on Tuesday and keeping it going until 5pm every day; I convinced my 79 year old Hershey vending partner to amble over to the showfield at 1pm Saturday. After all the years of vending, he hasn't enjoyed the car show in decades. With his cane in hand, and his knees and ankles aching, we entered the field. Although he could not make it around all the rows, the cars we saw were spectatular. We thank the Region and National Club for making the entire week possible.

A really special week. I don't know why but everyone seem to be in really good spirits this year. HE & R folks did an outstanding job, even the security people seemed friendlier than normal. Weather was not perfect but pretty good nonetheless. Our Hershey Region really did a masterful job of making this week even better organized than ever. Lots of nice subtle touches.

A personal note to all those involved in the Race Car Conditioning Runs...you guys made my Hershey! I had a blast.

Thank you HR!! Had another GREAT Hershey!! Got to see a lot of friends but not all of them unfortunately, had a lot of fun and showed my friend the car show for the first time. He was impressed at the scope and quality of cars- said he had not seen that level since leaving SoCAl thirty years ago. Did real well selling to many happy people and found a few goodies and leads. I agree with Steve everyone seemed happier this year and we had fun all the way the way thru the chocolate field Rascal scooter races Friday evening after the rain. Can we just make it two weeks next year ?? that would be my only improvement!!

Enjoyed the swap meet (walked 12.04 miles on Thursday, according to my pedometer!), car corral, and of course, showing my car on Saturday, even despite the early raindrops. It all turned out pretty darn nice, and was glad to see that SO MANY cars did decide to brave the elements on Saturday morning. Don't know if there was an official count, but I would guess at least 70-75% of the cars that were registered did take in the day on Saturday. And, I am GLAD that the 3 pm rule was enforced, for show cars not to leave the field too early.

Now, to count off the 355 days until next year's Fall Hershey!!

I thought this years flea market and show was great! It was the thrill of the hunt for old car parts and old friends and I was not disappointed. Saturdays show was one of the greatest and I'd especially like to thank whoever moved the class 04 cars back onto the show field. The weather was just perfect for pictures and I got to use the eraser feature on my Galaxy. As long as the people keep moving you can get a clean picture of the car. A few of my snapshots are here. Thanks to the Hershey Region for a job very well done.

Bill

<iframe src="http://s190.photobucket.com/user/clarkwd/embed/slideshow/2014%20AACA%20Hershey" height="360" width="480"></iframe>

I'd like to add my thanks too - particularly to the volunteers, Hershey natives, rest room attendants, waiters, waitresses and so on. Here we come and invade their wonderful town, (I know we spend a little money too.) But they are so gracious and pleasant to us year after year.

I'll never forget two years ago when you could see how high the flood waters had been and the damage to trees and homes and businesses and they were still ready for us.

Agreed on the thank yous to everybody who makes Hershey happen. From a previous life with another automobile organization, I know how much work this is.

The wife and I came in early on Saturday. Those who stayed away because of the rain just made it so I had a better spot to take pictures as all those wonderful cars came in. A few:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/j3studio/sets/72157648706586666/

We also saw much interesting fodder in the Car Corral and enjoyed the show field.

Thank you John for your generosity. The plaques went to great homes of people who REALLY were thrilled to get them and the toys will make their way to my collection. Great meeting your son too.

Steve,

You are more then welcome, after all, that what it really should be about. I knew you were busy (understatement) and I was glad you could stop by. When I go back down to the house in Florida I will look for more items you might be interested in. Those plaques had to have meant something to my Dad, he had saved them all of these years and those were the only ones he had saved. My Dad and I like many others also did not see eye to eye on on many things, but Hershey was the bond we always had. My son that you had met at Hershey is now the owner of my Dad's 54 Chevy, and hopefully it will be a lone time before he can he say owns mine. I feel good knowing I was able to pass the hobby torch to at least one of my son's, and he was already talking to me about next year's Hershey.

Guest greasysgarage

Yeah, thanks to all who do the work at Hershey. We have attended for years but this was our first year with a vendor's spot. Sales were good, we made new some friends and all of our vendor neighbors were great. Nice folks on row CK in the Chocolate field! We're looking forward to returning as a vendor next year. The rain late on Friday gave us an excuse to head to the museum and that was also a treat. Again, good work by all involved.