Stress fracture crack

Guest PAT'S 91

Guest PAT'S 91

Took the Reatta to get it washed this morning and after getting it washed was using towel to get the drops of water off it.I noticed the left side of the windshield with about a 5 inch crack from the bottom of the windshield up. The crack is felt on the inside of the windshield.a neighbor told me he thought it was a stress fracture. Has anyone ever heard of that

Guest PAT'S 91

hit a pothole one night and hadn't driven it since.The insurance adjuster said it happens on GM cars.No deductible on my classic car insurance

Guest Richard D

When I was looking for my second Reatta 5 or 6 years ago I came across 2 Reattas, a 1990 and a 1989. What struck me was that both cracks were exactly the same, and they both started at the same place, bottom corner drivers side. Crack started behind the metal cover that runs across the bottom of the windshield, no sign of a chip. Yet on my first Reatta a 90 bought new I was hit in the drivers side wheel and fender which changed my direction of travel into a large square power pole at about 50 MPH. The impact pushed the engine back hard enough to push the floor to the back of the brake pedal. The injuries I received were a fractured sternum and hip damage both from the seatbelts. I was told that the air bag saved my neck. The dashboard cracked down the middle. The the reason I bring this up is that after all that damage the drivers door worked fine and the windshield did not crack or come loose anywhere. Very strong structure, crumpled where it should, passenger compartment intact. So I am curious about the no chip same location windshield cracks.

Edited by Richard D (see edit history)

Guest PAT'S 91

My windshield was installed yesterday by Glass America,they did a great job and 2 hours later he was on his way to the next job.I talked with the rep on Wednesday afternoon at about 3pm.They ordered it and 48hrs later in was installed