Grille center and heater box ID

Guest JPromo

Guest JPromo

These were two of the first items I plucked out of my haul and I've yet to confidently ID them. The heater core has 1949 stamped on it and it does strongly resemble Ford heaters of the time but I've yet to find one exactly like this. I believe it's NOS.

I have no clue on the grille piece. It's cast aluminum, appears NOS as well. I've run every manufacturer 36-42 I can think of and nothing has stuck out. Unless I'm way off on time period or it's something obvious I've overlooked.

Any help appreciated!

wrYJJd1.jpg

xVDWmgu.jpg

89BWRbQ.jpg

1Tzx2n0.jpg

KBfpyoQ.jpg

Ea0kE7K.jpg

How about this door? It resembles an Auburn speedster but the door orientation is standard, so maybe something similar. Wood frame with a steel skin.

yYoMjmM.jpg

stFaUan.jpg

Door looks like a Triumph TR-3

Yep, it sure does--thank you! I was thinking either 30s american car or 50s english. I should have looked that one up since I had already ID'd a TR-3 transmission in there.

The heater is 1949 Ford.

I was thinking it had to be--they're too similar not to. My only question mark is what application had a square blower inlet like mine has? Every one I've seen is round like those pictured. Thanks!