Got 30k Offer for my 1925 Model T Coupe - Is this fair?

Guest mwave36

Guest mwave36

My T has been fully restored, including new tires and upholstery, but has been sitting in my parent's garage undriven for about 14 years. I just got an offer for $30,000. Is this a good offer? If I were to publicly offer it for sale is there a good chance I could get more?

Thanks for your insights.

Len

Guest AlCapone

This has to be someone who knows absolutely nothing about Model T values. If he is a friend now he won't be if he buys it and finds out the real value ! If he is an unknown offering that price...beware!

Wayne

Edited by AlCapone (see edit history)

If an offer is too good to be true........ you know the rest. Be really careful the buyer is not representing the National Nigerian Auto Museum.

If it is an aboveboard money transaction, which it should for your own security, be sure the Feds get their 15 to 30% cut. Personally, it sounds like trouble to me.

Bernie

My T has been fully restored, including new tires and upholstery, but has been sitting in my parent's garage undriven for about 14 years. I just got an offer for $30,000. Is this a good offer? If I were to publicly offer it for sale is there a good chance I could get more?

Len

You made the same post over on the MTFCA 2014 Forum .....

There you list that you are in Las Vegas, NV ....

One single post - then no replies to it by you:

@ http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/484621.html?1412736915

My reply to you is the same here:

Who gave you The Offer - exactly ?

Was it an actual living breathing person standing in front of you with cash ?

Jim

Hey, someone made my Nigerian remark!

Once a guy made an outrageous offer on a Jaguar I had in the garage. I knew exactly what to do. My son and I tied him to a lawn chair with clothesline and called his wife to bring the money, She said she was sending a transporter with a check for the total amount; car and shipping. All I had to do was go to the bank, cash the check, and give the transporter his fee.

I have three black Chevy Suburbans in the driveway, mine, my son's and my wife's. We saw a transport truck slow and then speed away. Anyway after three days of feeding the guy, and he would only eat fried bananas, we untied him and he ran off.

Anyone interested in a 1953 MK 7 Jaguar. I have been offered a lot for it, but I'm ready to deal.

Bernie

Guest AlCapone
Len. Could you please post some pictures , of this 30 K beauty for us to feast our eyes on ?

Wayne

Do we have any photographs yet ? Wayne

Guest mwave36

Hey guys,

I got a couple of email notifications that someone responded to my question, and after the first 2 they stopped so I figured that was all I got. I just found this thread again as I was researching Model T prices.

The guy that made the offer is a friend of my brother's who saw the T and, after my brother told him he was sure I was not interested in selling it, he said he'd pay $30,000. I think they guy is pretty well off (my brother has been to his home), so maybe he can afford to make such a great offer (which I've since learned is probably too good to be true). He says he wants to come by and take a closer look at it, so I guess I'll find out what the catch is then.

Thanks for all the feedback. I very much appreciate it.

Len

Edited by mwave36 (see edit history)

Guest AlCapone
Hey guys,

I got a couple of email notifications that someone responded to my question, and after the first 2 they stopped so I figured that was all I got. I just found this thread again as I was researching Model T prices.

The guy that made the offer is a friend of my brother's who saw the T and, after my brother told him he was sure I was not interested in selling it, he said he'd pay $30,000. I think they guy is pretty well off (my brother has been to his home), so maygggbe he can afford to make such a great offer (which I've since learned is probably too good to be true). He says he wants to come by and take a closer look at it, so I guess I'll find out what the catch is then.

Thanks for all the feedback. I very much appreciate it.

Len

Do you have a photograph of the car ?

Wayne

Guest mwave36

This is it before it completely fell apart (I think this is early 50s)...

post-103653-143142778699_thumb.jpg

This is the only pic I have on the computer after it was restored...

post-103653-143142778712_thumb.jpg

post-103653-143142778686_thumb.jpg

post-103653-143142778696_thumb.jpg

Guest AlCapone

Certainly not a rare model and certainly not a 30 K car. It is likely $10,000 absolute max and only if it is better than the picture shows.

Wayne

I know of a man in Florida last year,that would make offers on cars and buy them for cash the same day. He walked past my friends garage and bought a car that was parked in his driveway that belonged to his friend. The guy also sold him another car.

Don't waste time looking for him though, his son had him commited.

(true story)

My T has been fully restored, including new tires and upholstery, but has been sitting in my parent's garage undriven for about 14 years. I just got an offer for $30,000. Is this a good offer? If I were to publicly offer it for sale is there a good chance I could get

Len

Have you been paid yet?

I know of a man in Florida last year,that would make offers on cars and buy them for cash the same day. He walked past my friends garage and bought a car that was parked in his driveway that belonged to his friend. The guy also sold him another car.

Don't waste time looking for him though, his son had him commited.

(true story)

The same fate waits for all of us as soon as we start spending it faster than we make it.

To me it sounds as if you might be Royalty in Nigeria and are going to try and make some kind of deal that who ever buys this car will come into a truck full of money or a Rolls comes with the T for only $30,000. through Wells Fargo

Len

Don't let these people steal your car. I am surprised that a moderator didn't delete your post and try to buy it off the radar..

Guest AlCapone
Don't let these people steal your car. I am surprised that a moderator didn't delete your post and try to buy it off the radar..

To suggest that people are attempting to steal his car is absolutely assinine ! His car is not worth 30 K and anyone with an ounce of knowledge in the Model T hobby will attest to that. He asked for opinions and he was given what he asked for. If you research all available resource material on Model T pricing you will see exactly what has been stated above. If you have information to the contrary I respectfully ask you to post it for the rest of us to see. To suggest that we have ulterior motives is both unfair and defamatory on your part !

Wayne

Edited by AlCapone (see edit history)

To suggest that people are attempting to steal his car is absolutely assinine ! His car is not worth 30 K and anyone with an ounce of knowledge in the Model T hobby will attest to that. He asked for opinions and he was given what he asked for. If you research all available resource material on Model T pricing you will see exactly what has been stated above. If you have information to the contrary I respectfully ask you to post it for the rest of us to see. To suggest that we have ulterior motives is both unfair and defamatory on your part !

Wayne

Shirley you jest crack me up

Guest AlCapone
For what it's worth I thought it was hilarious

[ATTACH=CONFIG]276088[/ATTACH]

Weird sense of humour ! Nothing funny when people question your integrity !

Wayne

Weird sense of humour ! Nothing funny when people question your integrity !

Wayne

It's called sarcasm. Some people find it funny, others take it serious.

With all due respect you're taking things way to serious Wayne. Lighten up and pull the cloth out of the buns.

Sarcasm really needs at least two cynics to be appreciated. You know how they say been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Well:

post-46237-143142785801_thumb.jpg Of course it's my own shirt.

I think everyone overlooked the best part "If I were to publicly offer it for sale is there a good chance I could get more?" He was worried money might be left on the table!

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

I suspect the car may have been inherited, just speculation of course. He may not have known the actual value of the car. He did come back and admit that it was probably too good to be true, so I wouldn't necessarily brand him a troll. Some of you fella's ought to be a little nicer to new posters. Promoting the hobby may help initiate new interest, thus new buyers, and in the end, help your kid's get top dollar out of your cars, for that new home theater when you croak.