Accidental Parade Entrant

Rogillio

This past weekend there was big street festival in my town and they had a car show. I drove my '26 DB Coupe about 15 miles into town and they had the road blocked to the downtown area. I asked a cop how I get to the car show and he said the have the road blocked for the parade that was about to start. He suggested I go to the HS where the parade was forming up and follow the parade in. I did. but when I got there the trail vehicles (cop car and fire engine) fell in behind me! So I was actually in the parade! I had a ball and would honk the oohhgaahh horn every so often to the delight of the crowds. A lot of people showed interest in the car and asked what year it was and such.

I did finally make it to the car show. One of the local reporter took this shot and published it on-line in the local news.

post-100407-143142767135_thumb.jpg

So I was actually in the parade! I had a ball and would honk the oohhgaahh horn every so often to the delight of the crowds. A lot of people showed interest in the car and asked what year it was and such.

I did finally make it to the car show. One of the local reporter took this shot and published it on-line in the local news.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]274309[/ATTACH]

The reporter obviously had good taste!

The same thing happened to my wife & me back in 1968. We were driving our '32 DB from CT to upstate NY on back roads and pulled into a small town where a 4th of July parade was in progress. There was no way around it so we just hopped in line, honking and waving to the folks lining the curbsides. Three blocks later we were in the clear and headed outta town laughing!

Edited by Phil 32DL6 (see edit history)