63 RIVIERA CONSOLE MATERIAL

Mr Riviera

Someone posted a thread a couple of months ago and said that he'd used some black shelf paper he found at Home Depot or Lowes and another guy bought some stuff off eBay.

Here's the link.

http://forums.aaca.org/f177/vinyle-applique-63-console-373919.html

I used this on my son's car and it looks great!.....and there is enough on the roll to make many mistakes and still have plenty.

Tim

I tried shelf paper and wasn't too thrilled with it. I ended up going to Tandy Leather Co. and bought 2 pig skin leather pieces for $10 each. It was durable yet thin, so it was easy to cut and I couldn't be more thrilled with the look. I'm not showing my car as original, and I think the leather looks great with my leather interior. I will post pics asap.

-Adrian-

I bought a few yards of the sheet vinyl product Clarks sells. They recommend it for upholstery and the package tray. Like virtually all the things Clarks sells, it looks stock and is easy to work with. Conversely, I would not recommend the pre-cut console vinyl kit they sell. The kit employs the wrong material (too thick, wrong pattern and not really vinyl…more like plastic sheeting) and was not well made. PRL

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CentralIndiana
Has anyone found a good replacment source for the black vinyl on the console on the 63 ? Thanks in advance -

Yes, Clarks sells a replacement kit that includes all 5 pieces. It is expensive $260 (I think) & have not tried it so don't know the quality.

Guest cbreit01

I tried shelf paper and wasn't too thrilled with it. I ended up going to Tandy Leather Co. and bought 2 pig skin leather pieces for $10 each. It was durable yet thin, so it was easy to cut and I couldn't be more thrilled with the look. I'm not showing my car as original, and I think the leather looks great with my leather interior. I will post pics asap.

-Adrian-

Can you post some pics?

• 2 weeks later...
Adrian,

You've got my vote. I still have a couple of original pieces and this pigskin from Tandy's is about as close as you're going to get.

X2

I was looking thru that link Ed provided, Lizard & Snake sound cool lol. I am far from that stage but you never know what wild hair may be tickling me when the day comes...