1908 Model F

50jetback

Guest BigDogDaddy

That is Awesome ! I wish they gave some details about it, like if it is indeed all original as it looks. Or is it a very old restoration ?

Cool! Is the tank under the hood the gasoline tank?

Also, in case someone knows, I have always wondered about the Buick planetary transmission. Was it similar in operation to the Model T's? It looks like the pedals are, left to right, brake, low, reverse (different from T's low/high, reverse, brake). Was the Buick the same as the T in that "clutched" position was halfway in between low (all the way down) and high (all the way up) on the low pedal?

Cheers, Dave

Dave

The low pedal engages a band to engage low gear. Pushing it in tightens the band and you begin to move adjusting spark and throttle on the wheel too.

Once you are moving you let the pedal out and you are in neutral, quickly without letting the engine race you move the high gear lever on the right side of car forward. This engages a cone clutch that engages high gear.

Reverse is the same as low, push in to engage the band

The second car is a bit odd. I'm no expert but I thought they added the hand brake in '09 and took the ratchet teeth of the brake pedal when they did and re-arranged the pedals also. The second car looks like an '08 with the hand brake added.

Our brass experts will have to chime in