Torque ball leaking again!!!

Guest Smokey 56 Special

Guest Smokey 56 Special

Hello fellow Buick lovers,

Firstly I'm in Australia,

I have a 56 Special model 41 manual transmission car, and have recently changed the universal joint in the back of the trans (parts supplied by BOB's Automobillia USA) I didn't get a new torque ball retainer with a new seal, I think it got confused when I emailed my parts request as I asked for ALL TORQUE BALL SEALS AND GASKETS. so that being said it was my fault for not being clear enough with my description, as I received gaskets but no retainer with the vulcanised seal.

Thanks to BOB'S they found a bloke that makes the universal joints for the manual AWESOME JOB BOB!!!!!!!!!!!

I cleaned up the old retainer as best I could but it still leaks.....Big Time !!!!! ;)

my question is ..... Is the torque ball retainer for the manual transmission the same as the Dynaflow unit??? as I cant seem to find one advertised anywhere? But there is plenty advertised for the Dynaflow.

any help would be great

Cheers

Smokey

Hi Smokey I believe that the retainer is the same for both transmissions. There is plenty of information on this site detailing how to replace the retainer.

Koala