1960 buick wagon

• 2 months later...
my 60 invicta wagon has bench seats, only part of TEXAN pkg is the wood/leather trimmed doorpanels

I wonder if your car's interior wasn't "modified" by the dealer when new. Back in 1996, my mother wanted a new red Buick Regal. After riding in my '84 Coupe deVille, my dad insisted on leather interior. I found a red Regal on a dealer's lot that had a gray cloth interior, although the window sticker stated that the car was equipped with a gray leather interior. I told the salesman that my dad would buy that car if the leather interior was reinstalled. He said, "bring your dad back here in three days". I did, and the deal was consummated. Perhaps someone liked the wagon except for the bucket seats. I know many people, my wife and myself included prefer a bench seat. This may partially account for the popularity of pick-up trucks. Just my opinion.

post-59553-143142901066_thumb.jpgThere were just under 300 made with the bucket seats. I do know the bucket seats are real tight to the steering wheel on these cars. I don't really see some one saying I have to have those door panels in my car, but I could see the bucket seats going into another car. I do know the buckets were highly sought after for certain Cadillacs that had a bucket seat option in the same year. I remember when my friend Bill had frost gotten the car we were told of one in a junkyard in PA. We went out the next weekend and found the car,door panels were there but the buckets long gone

Either way the wagon for sale is a rare car and at a fair price. The one I had was the same color combo as the one for sale. The fella who bought my car is a 60 Buick collector I an going to pass the info on this car to him I posted pictures of the one I sold

post-59553-143142901062_thumb.jpg

Edited by Biscayne John (see edit history)