For those DIYi like me.

In addition to our wonderful resident Hemi, there is MINIMopar site and the knowledge center on Turbo-Mopar. DamnTheTorpedos problems right now. Of course there will always be the impossible problems to be traced down! Three of those that I have had are: a corroded bullet connector in the wiring under the battery with no protection, bad splice in the ground wire going to the alternator, fuel pump wire broken where it goes from from inside the body to the fuel pump.

BOOKMARK the 2 sites above. Minimopar is a Motorola engineer in Chicago by the way. Yay Motorola!

On a side note, I think the Az heat must be good for the brain?! Aside from Hemi, I met a young man from there that showed me how to calibrate a new chip for the ECM. I am just a dabbler that has had turbo mopars since 1987. I'm still learning from the whiz kids that weren't even born when these cars were new!

I might even mention that you can get a destroked crank to reduce the stroke to 2 liters and titanium rods for an engine that would make the TC feel like it had a Masi engine. Of course the rods are in excess of $1,500 each.

In addition to our wonderful resident Hemi, there is MINIMopar site and the knowledge center on Turbo-Mopar. http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/knowledge.php?title=Engines:Index

On a side note, I think the AZ heat must be good for the brain?! Aside from Hemi, I met a young man, Harry from Mesa AZ, that showed me how to calibrate a new chip for the ECM. I am just a dabbler that has had turbo mopars since 1987. I'm still learning from the whiz kids that weren't even born when these cars were new!

I met Harry Lui and his friend AJ yesterday, 10/4, when we met in Kingman AZ and drove together to Bolder City NV for the bi-monthly get-together of the Las Vegas TC America group. Harry and AJ each contributed their knowledge to all us old guys. AJ has his own repair shop in Mesa and is an avid MOPAR performance engine builder. If you need some good work done and are near, you might want to contact him @ 480-330-1423. Harry, a Comp TIA A+, Microsoft Certified Expert, can upgrade your Turbo engine Computer (SMEC & SBES) to really make it perform, he cannot do anything for the 3.0L V6, since it's not a turbo engine.

It was nice to meet 2 such enthusiastic young men. It gives us hope for the future. AJ is also learning about the 604 / 41TE transaxle which is behind the 3.0L We discussed upgrading that transmission go give greater life expectancy to it.