Throttle Linkage Geometry Question

MochetVelo

I'm puzzled over how to connect the throttle rod to the carburetor on my 1921 Model 161 Peugeot (see photo below). The brass rod at the bottom connects to the gas pedal. It moves left/right, held "off" (left) by a spring. The carburetor arm moves front/back, perpendicular to the pedal rod (see arrow). In other words, referring to photo, the carburetor arm must move in direction of arrow when throttle rod moves right. I'm thinking a bell crank would have been what was used, but not sure how to do it. There are no Peugeots of this style in the USA, and I've been unable to get any photos from Europe. Any suggestions?

Note: Chassis rail is visible at lower left. There is a tab welded there that might have secured some linkage.

Phil

post-52500-14314276264_thumb.jpg

post-52500-14314276264_thumb.jpg

Guest robert campbell

Below is a simple bell crank mounted to a carb stud for my Weber 48 IDA's. The pedal goes for and aft and the carbs need side to side movement. I can provide a close up if needed. Not hard to fabricate.

Rob

DSCN9946.jpg

Guest robert campbell
...you could simply put the entire Cobra engine in your Peugeot...

I'd do that, Bob, but I don't want to lower the horsepower.

Phil

[ATTACH=CONFIG]273848[/ATTACH]

You may want to go for a ride first!!! Just kidding!!! Jay Cee Enterprises can source you the bell crank. Jack is the Weber God on the West Coast!! He has helped me out with all sorts of parts and advice! You may want to slip in one of his VW engines!!! Tell him Rob Campbell sent you his way. That will double the price!!

http://jayceevw.com/home

Rob