1940 lincoln zephyr convertible V-12. google test. jeff booth

Mssr. Bwatoe

our site is scanned by the monster internet search. or so it seems..so here is the

star of my show. once again. I suppose if the Zeffer gods would permit it, I would have

stable of these beautiful autos...then I would not have to post the same one over and over

so indulge me if you like or else...show off yours. I like to see any 12 cyl lz not only the beauty queens we always see..

Nice pic that was taken as we all pulled into the Gilmore in August for the show!

The '47 Continental has been in dead storage in my barn since 1997 when it got kicked out of the 50th anniversary LCOC meet in League City, Texas for showing up 10 minutes late after driving through a typical Texas thunder storm. It was the only 1947 Lincoln entered in that meet! Needless to say, I have not entered any car in any LCOC meet since then!

As soon as the '41 Continental and '67 Mustang convertible find new owners, I plan to resurrect the '47 Lincoln. By the way, I never did receive the "longest distance" trophy from the Mt. Snow, VT meet in 1970. (See the addendum to my 1941 Continental "for sale" post for more photos of the '47).

post-31768-143142767007_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phil Knapp (see edit history)

Mr. Knapp, I agree with you on the postings of pictures thing. I take photos on my iPad and have to jump through many hoops to post them. Cropping, etc. I think one problem is the pics are huge in amount of pixels and the forum can't handle them. One thing though, I prefer this to other forums where you have to put them somewhere like Photobucket and attach an address.

On the other issue of attending the meets and the nose in the air attitude of the principles. I never plan on attending one with my Zephyr. Yes, she was a museum car when I purchased her and I'm spending a Kings ransom on making her road worthy. I think I will enjoy it much more showing her to the 'common folk' rather than having her picked apart by judges. I've attended car shows in my area for many years and have never seen another Zephyr (stock), so I'm hoping she will get the attention a classic like her deserves.

post-88682-143142767676_thumb.jpg

Edited by Beltfed (see edit history)

That's a great-looking '38, Beltfed!

Not all car clubs are as stuck on themselves as the LCOC.

My wife and I trailer-ed our 1939 Zephyr convertible to the LZOC National meet in Carlsbad, CA in May, 2005.

We were well received and had a great time.

LZOC folks are laid-back, friendly, helpful, and are NOT rule-bound!

Since we were the only 1939 Zephyr at the meet, we even got a trophy!

(Perhaps I'm finally getting the hang of this...)

post-31768-143142767763_thumb.jpg

post-31768-143142767782_thumb.jpg

post-31768-1431427678_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phil Knapp (see edit history)

Guest Jim Zephyr

I think for me judging would be interesting to put your car through the filter and see how it "stacks up". Although I worry that some of these Judges might not be that truly knowledgeable. The Lincoln Museum opening meet was awesome, no judging, just one big happy group of Lincoln owners. Great meet and it will be a yearly destination for the faithful. Bring your Zephyr next summer!!!