The Election is Here!

No, not that election.

No, not that one either!

I know we all think of the US Election coming up in November, which is certainly important. Please vote this year, Please!

The other election we think of, if you are a regional member, is your region or chapter election. That's important too. Again, please vote, better yet consider running for a local office. I'm sure all region/chapters would love to see new officers come forward.

Ok, here's the one I'm speaking of: The AACA Board Election. All of you had an election post card inside the AA magazine plastic cover to fill out. If you are married, there will be two sides to fill out, single just one. Inside this Antique Automobile magazine there is a list of nominees for this year's election. Please read through each person's profile and select who you think is most qualified. Better yet, have your local members bring the election card to your next meeting and discuss the nominees. One of your members may know a nominee personally. If you're still not sure, ask AACA members who have attended National Meets and Tours to get a feel for what they think.

You may ask, "Why is Wayne pestering me over this?"

"It's very important to the strength of AACA, that is why."

When so few AACA members vote in our Elections, it's not healthy for our club. The 21 Board members are the heart and soul of AACA. They make the decisions that keep our "Ship" headed in the right direction. The Board is the group that listens to you members and makes the best decision possible from every AACA member's viewpoints to keep everyone happy. We, as Board members, are not perfect, but I guarantee you that each of us takes what you tell us seriously.

So, Please Vote, PLEASE!

Wayne- not up for re-election this year! :)

Good reminder, Wayne! You might want to put this under

"General Discussion" too, if you haven't thought of that already!

And the importance of member participation--voting and watchfulness--

I can see now is especially important. Elsewhere on this forum, there's

a discussion of how the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America elected

directors who then changed the purpose of the club itself, no longer

focusing solely on authentic cars.