Gear shift knob restoration

35cz8

I have a 1935 Chrysler CZ DeLuxe 8 and am wondering if anyone knows where I can get the gear shift knob restored to original. It is not just a plain knob, it has an intricate design in it and I want to keep it original. Thanks.

Bob

• Like 1

Contact Don Eash at D&D Automobilia @ 336-429-2188. He recasts steering wheels and knobs; he made me new dash knobs and window crank knobs for my '36 Dodge. He does beautiful work, I'm sure he could reproduce your knob. If that number doesn't work let me know and I can get the correct one.

Guest Dwight H. Bennett

Bob:

The gearshift handle restoration is probably the exact kind of work I do, depending on the quality you want. If it has intricate details on it, you probably don't just want a plating company doing it, they can do irreparable damage and hand it back to you freshly chromed! Could you put up a picture of it?

~Dwight

www.RarePartsForRareCars.com

Dwight,

Here are a couple pictures of the 1935 CZ shift knob. As you can see, the horn button and the shift knob have the same pattern for the inset. I would like to be able to get them both restored to new condition if possible. Pictures are from the internet, not mine.Thank you for your interest.

Bob

post-32603-143142787963_thumb.jpg

Bob:

The gearshift handle restoration is probably the exact kind of work I do, depending on the quality you want. If it has intricate details on it, you probably don't just want a plating company doing it, they can do irreparable damage and hand it back to you freshly chromed! Could you put up a picture of it?

~Dwight

www.RarePartsForRareCars.com

post-32603-143142787958_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Dwight H. Bennett

Bob:

The horn button does not have the Airflow logo on it like earlier Airflows?

Is the horn button "merely" painted metal in the center, surrounded by plastic or metal?

And the shift knob, is that metal or plastic or both in combination?

If you can show me a close up of your horn button and your shift knob (regardless of condition), I can probably determine more of what I need to know than the pictures you've found above.

Thanks,

Dwight Bennett