Fall Carlisle 2014

cutlasguy

Great pictures. Fall Carlisle's 40th was a great weekend. The swap meet had loads of vintage parts and many vendors that are headed to Hershey on Tuesday. Thanks to Chip and Bill Miller for creating a wonderful venue for car guys and girls of all ages and interests.

• 2 weeks later...

I always enjoy the spring and fall meets, and I actually got some smokin' deals on parts and tools I have been chasing for a while. Unfortunately, both the number of vendors and number of buyers this fall appeared to be somewhat less than last fall (fall 2013 was a high point of the last few years). Low spectator traffic may have been due to the sub-optimal weather predictions on Friday and Saturday - which ended up being much better than the predictions. I still don't understand why vendors are leaving by noon on Saturday (especially major vendors, like one major tool vendor, who are simply driving to Hershey).

The big rumor running around the fairgrounds all weekend was that the Miller family is trying to sell Carlisle Events. If true, that would explain all the cost cutting and profit squeezing in recent years. Remember when there used to be car and engine give-aways? Live bands (yeah, I know they had a "band" for the 40th party, but that's an exception in recent years)? Movies in the evening?