Need Help With Radiator Emblem ID

TexRiv_63

Thanks lamaison. I also posted this in the Marmon forum and got the following answer:

[quote: This emblem is from a 1930 Marmon Roosevelt. !929 Roosevelt had an emblem with Theodore Roosevelt on it. I own two 27 Little Eights (both original owner cars) with the common Marmon oval emblem on them. In 1930 they had a two piece Marmon emblem.

. kaycee. QUOTE]

• 2 weeks later...

From what I understand it is from a 1929 Marmon Roosevelt that was meant for export. Seems Teddy was not as respected overseas as in the US - the family sued over the likeness on the badge and the emblem was changed to have Roosevelt in script on black for the 1930 models. If you look thru the pictures in my album you should be able to find all three examples for comparison.

Many years ago there was a scrap dealer from the Cape Cod area of Mass who got into a pile of original NOS emblems including this one, a later style of Premier having a side profile of the radiator which looked like the number 1, and HCS "wings" - in the early 1980's he charged $40.00 each or one of each of the three for $100.00 - Boy have times (and prices) changed since then!

You have a fairly scarce emblem with an interesting history.