Im new here

Mike Barnhill

Hello. Im Mike. I just acquired a 1919 5p touring model H45. Ive known about this car for 20 years and have been trying to buy it for the last two. Its been in a barn up on the Colorado Wyoming border. I finally got the deal done and I'm thrilled with my time capsule. Its a relatively complete car and I think ill be able to get it running with only a little effort. Most of the work so far has been cleaning a garbage bag full of mouse crap and seed hulls out. Its cleaning up pretty good. Im needing several wedges that hold the rims on the wheels. Is there a source or somone who may be able to sell some extras they have? I also wonder about the tire size. There are 33 x4 inch tires on the front and 34x4 1/2 on the rear. Is that typical?

I'll be at Hershey this year. Any one have a suggestion where the older buick stuff might be?

Mike,

Welcome! I am sure you will find most of your needs at Hershey, but I do have some spare wheel lugs (wedges) if you still need a few. Please post a photo of the lugs & how many you need. I also use 34 X 4 tires on my 13 Buick and may have a couple used and worn ones to use while you are restoring your car.

Guest BigDogDaddy

Welcome Mike ! Please post some pics of your car. We like pics here. And post your progress of getting it running.

Welcome Aboard Matey. :D Although there is a designated Buick area at Hershey, you could find that elusive early part about anywhere. I found a Carburetor for my 15 in a totally opposite end of the fields, and far from. "Buick Ave." a few years ago. Best to have your shorts and jogging shoes if your hoofing it. :cool: Dandy Dave!

Thanks for the welcome. Ill get some pics posted. Mark, I may take you up on that. I'm not sure how to communicate off forum but figure out what youd need for those and maybe ill do that. Im looking forward to Hershey. Ive never been but I have known of it all my life.

• 1 month later...