New member with a barn full of parts

Guest JPromo

Guest JPromo
No kaiser parts???

I haven't come across much yet. I had one NOS gauge that sold already but the make isn't something I'd recognize at eye-sight, so if there's any more, I won't immediately know I'm looking at a Kaiser part. If you have some pictures of pieces you're looking for, maybe they'll catch my eye as I'm digging. If you do, feel free to send to JPromo134@gmail.com so I can have it in my mind.

Guest JPromo
Another shot in the dark. Do you have any 1931 / 32 Chrysler CD 8 parts ?

Thanks Wayne

Anything particular? If I do, I wouldn't know it on sight--haven't gotten that good yet, but it gives me a car to learn and add to the library upstairs.

Guest JPromo
Any hubcaps like these with 2 1/2" ID threads ? (Disregard the information that was for another discussion)

I have come across a handful of hubcaps from this era through the boxes. Not this exact one yet, but there's a chance.

Guest AlCapone
Anything particular? If I do, I wouldn't know it on sight--haven't gotten that good yet, but it gives me a car to learn and add to the library upstairs.

Yes ! Hub Caps, trim, gauges, engine parts but only in excellent condition or NOS. Thanks, Wayne

1952 Plymouth Cranbrook 4 door sedan rear fender chrome strips if you have any. Even really good fronts as well. Thanks for the time.

Those are pieces I'm almost certain I have, possibly NOS too. The only hard part is that it's a pretty non-descript piece. Can't send you a PM, so shoot me an email with some lengths so I can make sure I get it right and I'll dig them up soon.

Guest 1951Olds88

Please give the members of this forum first refusal on items before you list on Ebay, by listing in the 'For Sale' forums. Or if you really want to use Ebay, and it is a very good marketplace, please do us a favor and post a link to your item, again in the make specific 'For Sale' forum.

A funny request perhaps, but I think all the good stuff that goes on here deserves a little reward.

Please give the members of this forum first refusal on items before you list on Ebay, by listing in the 'For Sale' forums. Or if you really want to use Ebay, and it is a very good marketplace, please do us a favor and post a link to your item, again in the make specific 'For Sale' forum.

A funny request perhaps, but I think all the good stuff that goes on here deserves a little reward.

Not a funny request at all. I'm a 3,000 post member on a classic bicycle site and this is the practice that everybody there obliges by. One issue is the sheer quantity of stuff. Nothing is worse than one member clogging the for sale section with a ton of parts listings. Then listing many parts in one thread won't guarantee the right person seeing it and it just gets messy. It'll be all about the right person seeing it, and one can't deny the eyeballs that an ebay auction gets. I am also lost on values since I'm a greenhorn in this. I like offering things at fair prices versus "what can I get for it" prices. But even then, I've been pleasantly surprised on some random items, and befuddled by some parts I thought would surely bring good money.

That all being said, I'd love to sell off of ebay. I have a list of all the members that mentioned parts on this thread and they will be contacted first thing if I come across any of them. I do plan to start listing things on a casual basis here though, but I've yet to come up with a good way to do it en masse. I don't know if it's in bad taste, but anybody can follow my auction base at: http://www.ebay.com/sch/car_parts_barn/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from= I typically have around 50 items on at any given point but it's light right now. Hopefully that explains my tactless behavior as a forum member! ;)

Edited by JPromo (see edit history)

I am not quite sure why you are unable to to send me a PM as my settings are supposedly open to all but I will see if I can get the sizes for you. Mine that came with the car are somewhat bent but I will look and see what I can locate. I am sure you have a lot to sort through so of course this is no rush. I have been without them for 12 years so a little while longer will not hurt. Thanks for the quick reply. I also just listed you on my favorite sellers list for E-Bay. It mentioned a newsletter but I could not find a link to subscribe. Do you have one? If so please let me know. Thanks again.

Edited by plymouthcranbrook (see edit history)

I am not quite sure why you are unable to to send me a PM as my settings are supposedly open to all but I will see if I can get the sizes for you. Mine that came with the car are somewhat bent but I will look and see what I can locate. I am sure you have a lot to sort through so of course this is no rush. I have been without them for 12 years so a little while longer will not hurt. Thanks for the quick reply. I also just listed you on my favorite sellers list for E-Bay. It mentioned a newsletter but I could not find a link to subscribe. Do you have one? If so please let me know. Thanks again.

Great, thanks! I don't have a newsletter, so I don't know what that is all about. Sofar, I think I've found one of the pieces you're looking for and I'll be reorganizing the trim in the coming days, so I'll have a good look. Measurements for the rear would be most helpful since I won't recognize a 4-door quarter trim from a 2-door. A width would help too, since the profile of that trim doesn't distinguish itself and could be mistaken for something else easily. If you email me, I can send you some photos to verify what I've found. I definitely can't PM you.

Guest 1951Olds88

Please put me down for notification of Oldsmobile 88 1951 parts if you come across them. I am also following you on Ebay, so hopefully will get notified as you post new stuff there too. Thanks for doing this and helping our hobby, I know it is a bunch of extra work for you

Stefan

Great, thanks! I don't have a newsletter, so I don't know what that is all about. Sofar, I think I've found one of the pieces you're looking for and I'll be reorganizing the trim in the coming days, so I'll have a good look. Measurements for the rear would be most helpful since I won't recognize a 4-door quarter trim from a 2-door. A width would help too, since the profile of that trim doesn't distinguish itself and could be mistaken for something else easily. If you email me, I can send you some photos to verify what I've found. I definitely can't PM you.

PM sent. Also have corrected mistake that did not allow you to send one to me.

Hello Sir

Anything for 63-64-65 Buick Riviera I would be interested in. Need front clear signal lenses and Buick tachometer for starters. Let me know if you find anything. Also 63 64 or 65 assembly manual if found.

Regards

Glenn McMahon

ROA

Will do; there are a many lenses and gauges mixed throughout.

• 3 months later...
46-48 Chrysler: turn signal knob, 87" rocker moldings, any NOS chrome???

TTA 757-238-2984

Hey there; I've got a few thousand pieces of trim, half of which are NOS. Lots of it is 46-54 Mopar and I'm fairly certain I have the Chrysler rocker trim you're looking for. I'll go check now.

Any Cadillac parts 1953 - 1959 ?

Anything specific? I know I've seen a few pieces here and there. I can set them aside next time I come across them.

Do you have any oil pans for a 1934 Buick?

Can't say I've seen that, but if I do, I can guarantee I won't forget it; pretty distinct. Couple of bolts hold that one on! I'll have it in mind.

And pictures of the trim area upstairs in the garage. Just to give an idea of the quantity. I'd guess 2/3 or better of this is NOS. Lots of 40-54 Mopar, 40-58ish Chevy, Buick, Pontiac, Olds, etc.

RnAnwQo.jpg

ycOUJ4e.jpg

2A7p5Qs.jpg

While you are looking for the 46 - 48 Chrysler rocker trim see if you might have a good pair that are about 93 inches long.

They would be for a 46 - 48 New Yorker.

The ones that Tom is looking for fit the Royal and six cylinder cars. The NY has a straight 8.

Pics of the longer ones to capyjack@Comcast.net.

Thanks for looking. I think I see them in one of the pictures.

After seeing the amount that you have I now no longer wonder that I have not heard from you. WOW!

It is indeed a few pieces! I did send you an email a couple months ago and didn't hear back. May have gotten missed? I think the verdict was that I had found one exact match to what you were looking for. Then 7 or 8 others that were so close but not quite. That type of trim was nearly identical, but slightly different for each make and model for years. I should snap a picture of the "maybe" pile. I think I had a pair for 2-door models, but only a single 4-door piece. I probably haven't scrounged everywhere though. It got cold and the garage became a little less fun to spend time in. I'll be getting out there more now though.

The last thing I have from you was dated 11/10/14. You were still looking and as I said I can see why. I am interested in one if that is all you have or a match of two that are close. This is for a driver, not a show car. and I am sure almost no one will be able to tell the difference. Send me an E-mail when you get a chance and we can converse about this. Thanks.

Guest Al Brass

Hi JPromo,

I don't want to rush you but I have just placed an advert on the Buy/Sell forum for a couple of headlights. http://forums.aaca.org/f119/wanted-15-buick-headlights-complete-387158.html

I may be wrong but there looks like a set on one of your tables, maybe without rims but I would be interested to hear from you.

What a big job you have ahead of you but a real learning curve I imagine.

Best regards

Al

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Hudson33

Hi What a collection!!!!

I have been looking for a set of Castle 1206 acetylene headlights and there seems to be a pair very similar, They have 3 vent holes on the top part. I really need the glass reflectors as well , not chipped but the silver condition not important,

Can you send me your email and we can talk

Thanks

FredRHtqQHh.jpg

Hi What a collection!!!!

I have been looking for a set of Castle 1206 acetylene headlights and there seems to be a pair very similar, They have 3 vent holes on the top part. I really need the glass reflectors as well , not chipped but the silver condition not important,

Can you send me your email and we can talk

Thanks

Fred

Hey, just to update, all of the headlights have been sold in one lot. Various pieces will likely still turn up as I dig through more boxes, but the collection shown is now under new ownership. Thanks for the interest everybody.