New member with a barn full of parts

Guest JPromo

Guest JPromo

Hello enthusiasts. My dad and I recently purchased the contents of a garage full of car parts 10s-70s. Tens of thousands of pieces, boxes head-high, mountains of trim. It came from a long-time collector who passed a few months back. A family friend and 40+ year Hershey veteran. This project will be years in the making, but we'll slowly be selling off the collection of parts and I figured I'd join the forums here to offer parts for sale as well as gather knowledge on stuff that proves impossible to ID otherwise. Here's some shots from our attached garage and pole barn they now reside. I took these shots before we even brought the trim home, which was lining the rafters, much NOS. I thought I was a car guy before, but I realize how little I knew.

Anywho, hello, glad to be here.

ck1jGn3.jpg

RHtqQHh.jpg

aZKFZRF.jpg

QgoLTxF.jpg

MvP804F.jpg

4AlDQ3L.jpg

Guest JPromo
Is it all used of is there NOS ?

Wayne

Probably 40-50% is NOS. Most of the large items you see are take-offs, but there are crates full of miscellaneous NOS boxes and much of the trim is new. From what I've ID'd sofar, there are a lot of 40s-50s Mopar parts--I think he bought out a dealership. But every manufacturer and era is represented at least a bit.

JPromo, congratulations ! This looks like real fun, and also like you have some really great items ! My wife and I purchased (at different times through the years) the remains of a small Studebaker dealer, an old paint store, and most of an old auto parts store years ago and it was so much fun meeting all the folks through the years selling, trading, and even giving away all the stuff we didn't need. Of course, after you clear out the very last "widget" in the collection, you immediately purchase a vehicle that needs one, ha ! Hope you and your Dad enjoy and profit, both in $$$$ and in new friends from this venture. John

Guest JPromo
Great score! Cannot wait to start identifying some of your items in the "What is it" section of the forum!!

John

Thank you! There are a couple things I've been sitting on and filtering through image after image with no luck.. so you won't be disappointed.

Looks like an interesting mix. I saw Mopar Ford and GM parts so it's definitely a mixed bag. I buy lots of NOS parts pretty much all makes if you ever want to down size a little bit to get it under control, including pedal pads, Radio delete plates, gas caps, radiator caps,( Stant AC etc. ) and odd ball NOS accessories as well as switches relays etc. Good luck. It's always fun in the beginning with a big haul.

Guest JPromo
Long shot but I'm gonna ask. Looking for anything Amphicar.

I shall keep my eyes peeled! He was into oddball stuff and he had a soft spot for Crosley, so I've got parts for those. Amphicar is only marginally more odd than Crosley, so who knows.

O.K. Guys , here is another long shot. I need a 1920s style amber foglight. Flat glass , drum bucket. I just need one , but if I have to buy a pair , so be it for the right one. I see you have a lot of lights , so maybe............? Thank you , Carl

I shall keep my eyes peeled! He was into oddball stuff and he had a soft spot for Crosley, so I've got parts for those. Amphicar is only marginally more odd than Crosley, so who knows.

I thought I saw a few Crosley parts in those pictures. If I can help you with values in those, I would be happy to do so. I can also help you with avenues to sell them . I can also advise as to what is rare and what is common.

Guest JPromo
I thought I saw a few Crosley parts in those pictures. If I can help you with values in those, I would be happy to do so. I can also help you with avenues to sell them . I can also advise as to what is rare and what is common.

Thanks for the offer! There's actually a cluster of engine blocks and pieces obscured by boxes in one of the pictures. I know I've got two blocks, heads (if you can call them that), starters, aluminum bell-housing, and some other pieces that I've confirmed as Crosley. Other pieces will surely come up.

Guest JPromo
Another long shot but I'm always interested in 1960-1964 Corvair car and truck parts especially chrome trim,emblems, and promo items. Ed Dade City,Fl ebittman@tampabay.rr.com

He had a thing for Corvairs too. I've actually come across quite a bit of stuff whilst digging. Not a clue where some of it lies now, but I'll start pulling out parts when I see them now. I know I've seen NOS trim, a Monza Spyder crossover tube, hubcaps, horn buttons, etc. I'll be in touch on that.

Guest JPromo
Any possibility of 56 Ford parts in there?

Possibility! Ford is a bit underrepresented compared to other makes, but there is some of everything. If you have anything particular in mind, let me know. Your car looks great; I don't know how much more improving it could stand to gain!

Possibility! Ford is a bit underrepresented compared to other makes, but there is some of everything. If you have anything particular in mind, let me know. Your car looks great; I don't know how much more improving it could stand to gain!

It's in great shape overall but the front turn signal / parking light housings a little pitted so if you have a nice set I would certainly be interested.

There are also misc. accessories I'm always looking for but right now I don't have very many.

mxEJemFfS3ExlvXN_cr3ebg.jpg

Hello enthusiasts. My dad and I recently purchased the contents of a garage full of car parts 10s-70s. Tens of thousands of pieces, boxes head-high, mountains of trim. It came from a long-time collector who passed a few months back. A family friend and 40+ year Hershey veteran. This project will be years in the making, but we'll slowly be selling off the collection of parts and I figured I'd join the forums here to offer parts for sale as well as gather knowledge on stuff that proves impossible to ID otherwise. Here's some shots from our attached garage and pole barn they now reside. I took these shots before we even brought the trim home, which was lining the rafters, much NOS. I thought I was a car guy before, but I realize how little I knew.

Anywho, hello, glad to be here.

ck1jGn3.jpg

RHtqQHh.jpg

aZKFZRF.jpg

QgoLTxF.jpg

MvP804F.jpg

4AlDQ3L.jpg

Wow, this guy must really have liked bananas! Premium ones at that:cool:

Edited by Lahti35 (see edit history)

Get some good mouse traps as well and check them often. I always seem to bring home a critter or 2 when I get a new big load, or the stuff just draws them in some how. Either way they love that nice NOS packaging. Nothing worse than opening up a box and finding a Cherry part that's ruined because they built a nest in it.

Guest JPromo
Hello

Do you have any 20 X 2 bike tires made in the USA?

Any Packard Stuff?

Thanks Fred D

Yes to Packard stuff. I've found generators, fuel pumps, NOS trim sofar, and I know there will be more. I've heard one of the transmissions is Packard. What era and types of parts are you looking for?

Oh and the bicycle stuff is actually what I collect. What era 20er are you looking for? Balloon era or muscle bike? I don't have much 20" stuff but I may have one nice tire depending.

Edited by JPromo (see edit history)

Guest JPromo
Invest in some used shelving ASAP...!!!!!! Heavy adjustable stuff like at Lowes :)

I would have loved to! Unfortunately, it just fell in our lap and we were on a time crunch to remove it since the wife was moving out. At this point, setting up shelves would be a big project. I do need somewhere to set up things like bezels and hubcaps so I can finally find pairs. There's just no good way to tackle this!

Guest JPromo
Get some good mouse traps as well and check them often. I always seem to bring home a critter or 2 when I get a new big load, or the stuff just draws them in some how. Either way they love that nice NOS packaging. Nothing worse than opening up a box and finding a Cherry part that's ruined because they built a nest in it.

I think the dead cat we found took care of some of the mice :o but yes, I'm going to imagine there are some around, especially considering that the garage it came from hadn't been able to properly close in years. That's a fine idea.

I think dead cats only catch dead mice, though!

This is in line with the old adage "how do you eat an elephant?....one bite at a time". Instead of looking at the whole, just concentrate on one area or section or genre of parts (such as hubcaps mentioned), post them here or on Ebay, then move on to next area.

I can tell you that it's a long process, I had one garage full of stuff I bought from a fellow, and it took me two years to find homes for all the stuff. I think I still have some tail lights kicking around that were part of that, and it was over a decade ago!

Good luck with dispersal!

Guest JPromo
I think dead cats only catch dead mice, though!

This is in line with the old adage "how do you eat an elephant?....one bite at a time". Instead of looking at the whole, just concentrate on one area or section or genre of parts (such as hubcaps mentioned), post them here or on Ebay, then move on to next area.

I can tell you that it's a long process, I had one garage full of stuff I bought from a fellow, and it took me two years to find homes for all the stuff. I think I still have some tail lights kicking around that were part of that, and it was over a decade ago!

Good luck with dispersal!

The first couple trips, I was just plucking out stuff that looked cool or decent and listed them as I spotted them. Now I'm grabbing one box and focusing on getting the contents listed. 2 years was precisely my estimate for this project.