code E044h

Guest obx

90 coupe,when engine warm,trying to accelerate from 35 mph to higher speed engine starts to buck and hesitate,runs fine low speed,checked computer code E044h is first to show up any suggestions,thanks ed

Guest Mc_Reatta

Sure could be failing O2 sensor. Use diagnostics to monitor ED07 and ED18 to confirm if it is working properly or not.

Lots of things can cause this though if it turns out not to be the O2 sensor.

It could be the O2 sensor but the thing is, the O2 sensor is saying the fuel mixture is lean which would cause engine hesitation and lack of power. The easy thing to do is change the sensor but I suspect there may be something else going on. That's the reason I asked if there are more codes that might give us more information about the problem.

B446 is a low freon code. It won't effect engine operation. I'm not aware of any codes that start with an r or any 061 code. Could the r be an e? If you have an e026 code it is the quad driver fault that is one of the harder codes to troubleshoot. Here is information that will help you understand it: Code E026 Troubleshooting

Guest Mc_Reatta

Believe the r codes are for the SIR computer (Air Bag) 90/91 only.

Diagnostics will help track this down if it isn't fuel delivery or secondary ignition system related. Still place to start. Free and easy.

Guest ensign83
Secondary ignition failure (coils, plug wires, plugs) will not set a code. Will usually show up under moderate load/ low rpm (like going over an overpass in lockup).

true, that. gotta ck for the 'green goo'...