Cadillac Trash Can

Curti

I'd say it was an "homage" piece before trademark laws were more heavily enforced, or maybe that's why we don't see many of these. If you look closely you will notice the crest logo has been changed just enough to be different than the Cadillac car company emblem, specifically the fields where there are lines are not a checker-board like in the original Cadillac logo. Neat and I'd like one if I was a Caddy owner still, but almost certainly NOT official.

Guest AlCapone

I bought the same can at Hershey two years ago. The vendor was quick to point out that it was not a Cadillac sanctioned item and the price reflected his assertion. I paid $20 dollars. By the way he had two more for sale.

Wayne

Hopefully you got it cheap at the garage sale!

I believe this is a dog food container, missing the lid. The Diamond Brand isn't car related.

I once risked life and limb on a four Lane road in Pennsylvania, to get out of car and get a picture of a Cadillac sign on a farm silo....only to get in position and see the letters " dog food" under it.

I don't think they made an Auburn dog food!!

That "Cadillac" dog food sign is still there I believe.

I would like to see a pix of that !! The garage sale was a neighbor. The price was really right. The fact is I didn't even notice the Caddy logo until I got home with it. My wife wanted a smaller can for the ashes from the wood stove.

I told her I was taking it to my shop . Ya, I need a lid.

I have a Cadillac logo cheese box. There's a great piece to denigrate the image. Being a family coat of arms, I don't think one can register it as a trademark. At least they shouldn't be able to. I use the O'Daly family crest in some of my dealings. If someone served me papers to stop using it, their lawyer would learn how to spell shillelagh pretty quick.

Maybe the waste basket was to put old gaskets and seals from the 4100 and Northstar engines in.

Bernie

I Google'd around a bit and found a Cadillac dog food, but there doesn't seem to be relation to this trash can. It seems as though it was a trash can company in times past. I asked my neighbor about it and she said they have had it for a long time. 1950's

It seems to me the crest logo with the word Cadillac are 'very close to the real thing . Close enough to invoke a copyright infringement suit. I recall the jippo Ford and Chevrolet hubcaps that only had a similarity at a distance.