1934 Pierce Arrow 836A for sale

Guest Moe36

I really understand the desire and passion for cars as I own several Muscle and Pre-War vehicles. On a daily basis I will surf the net looking at vehicles that are offered for sale as well as research vehicles too. There a particular sites that are in my bookmarks. I have come across one site that sells a full spectrum of vehicles they are located in/around Anheuser Busch's home town. On more than one occasion they have listed Pierce Arrows for sale with misinformation. Maybe innocent, maybe a typo or just plain lazy. As we all know most anything is on the net to review and draw your own conclusion especially car info/facts. I will never understand why a car sales business who sells via the internet as well as brick and mortar doesn't do this so they can correctly market a vehicle for sale.

What I am getting at is if you dont know much about a particular vehicle that you truly desire contact an organization that represents the ownership of the make. I would be certain that a member of the organization would be more than happy to pass on information in order to assist your decision in purchasing a car. Diligence will save you time, money and frustration.

I believe that particular ad was actually a copy of the write-up from the auction from whence the car came....it states that it's a 217CI six cylinder, instead of the 8 that it is....the 836A was Pierce's attempt to market an "entry level" car, had a stamped grill instead of thermostatically controlled louvers, no louvers in the side of the hood, and a few other minor changes....still very nice cars....

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

MOE36, this is one of my pet peeves as well. Regarding this particular ad, why would a person not open the hood and count spark plugs ?? Even that was not done.

I saw the car in person, it's a very nice older restoration, and under the hood ? Pure Pierce Arrow with the exception of an added modern oil filtration system. An item easily replaced with correct period parts.

If I were the seller at the auction where I saw it, and the description was so butchered, I'd ask for a 50% discount on the seller's premium. On the basis that any internet buyers would be turning away because of the described wrong engine.

GLong

• 2 months later...