1936 Chrysler Airstream-Not mine

• 3 weeks later...
Makes my roadster look like a bargain for 39,500

You couldn't bring that car to the running condition the roadster is in for the difference.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]272409[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]272410[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]272411[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]272412[/ATTACH]

Truer words have never been spoken, auburnseeker. I have been buying lotto tickets like mad to win the capital to buy your fine roadster!

I finally have a serious party, that hired an inspector who's coming tomorrow for the inspection. He's pretty excited about the car so maybe that will work out. Atleast he's serious enough to have hired an appraisal service. I haven't driven it in a month so I'm going to get it out today and go for a spin just to be sure it's ready.

I've had some trades offered but they are all closed cars and some have 4 doors. Not a problem but they all seem like a trade down and all seem to be on the other side of the country or a Hot Rod.

We'll see how it goes. I don't think he'll find anything to scare him away. He's already seen the extra detailed photos.

• 1 month later...
Auburnseeker,

Did you sell your Airstream?

Nope I still have it. the inspector did a full inspection. Unfortunately it was raining the day he came so he had to inspect it in my fairly tight garage and couldn't road test it. He did hear it/ see it run, saw that everything was working, gauges reading properly etc. With the crummy weather he just photographed it inch by inch in the garage with a flash, which highlighted every flaw in the paint which is 50 years old so the potential buyer said it needs paint (which I told him would be needed if he was going to show it as it was chipped scratched and flaking from being 50 years old.) The inspector couldn't believe how rust free the car was though. Just my luck as usual.

So yes she is still for sale and tucked away in her heated garage for the winter.