Beautifully Restored 1940 Pontiac Sports Coupe for Sale or Trade

Guest Johnboy650

Guest Johnboy650

Up for sale or trade is this striking 1940 Pontiac "Silver Streak" sports coupe that has just completed an extensive two year restoration. Originally purchased in San Francisco in 1940, the car was put into storage in 1953 until restoration began in 2012. This seventy four year old rust-free California car purchased from the original family is like new again with nearly everything replaced or restored back to her original beauty.

Restored features include: New sage green paint (similar to original Ludington green,) rich two tone bedford cord wool interior in correct stitch pattern, square weave carpet, finished trunk, headliner, wood grain dash and window frames (in multiple grains,) new glass, rubber, weather stripping, original cloth style wiring harness, two classic chrome seat belts, Firestone wide Whitewall bias ply tires, 6V battery, restored AM/FM radio, gauges and clock. Tidy undercarriage and engine compartment. All exterior chrome and stainless steel parts were replated and polished.

Original details include: Original steering wheel, door cranks/handles, bakelite knobs, radio grill, heater, black glass Pontiac logo/Indian and original 1942 registration sticker behind the rear view mirror!

This coupe is a true pleasure to drive, with great handling and smooth column shifting. Here is your chance to own a truly special stock pre-war fat fender coupe including wonderful flowing deco lines, tons of chrome, 1940 CA YOM plates and stylish details that set this car a part from the crowd.

The car is sold as-is, and inspections and test drives are welcome on site. Radio, antenna and windshield wipers currently disconnected. $36,500 or OBO. Willing to trade (or partial trade) for a turnkey 1925-1960 restored car or truck. (Tend to favor 20's-30's Mopar, GMC, LaSalle, DeSoto, Nash, Hudson, Studebaker, Kaiser and other unique or orphan cars, trucks and convertibles in restored or survivor condition.)

For 190+ photos of the car and link to a video walk around, please contact John.post-66509-143142747263_thumb.jpg

post-66509-143142747255_thumb.jpg

post-66509-143142747261_thumb.jpg

Guest MrNostalgia

Hello:

Great looking car!!! I've been a 1940 Pontiac aficionado for 26 years, my first antique car being a 1940 Pontiac 2811 two door sedan. Since then I've owned several and still have a 6 cylinder coupe and 8 cylinder convertible coupe. My coupe came from the Dick Kughn collection and is the rarest coupe made with 11,000 original miles. A dealer sample car with factory original green leather upholstery, leatherette headliner, visors, door sides and bench seat all in green. It has the original Nottingham Grey paint and special carpeting. 1 of 12 made and it's the only known survivor. I will be selling mine also. But my biggest question with regards to my convertible is, where did you get the woodgraining done? It is quite unique and examples I've see the professionals do is not even close to the beauty of the original. Yours looks great however. Would appreciate any info on it. Thanks! Mark2368@aol.com

Sincerely,

Mark

Guest 41Highlander

I am suspicious of this ad. I received an email advertising this car from a person I've never met before. It was also my private email address I ordinarily do not publicize. The email was not directed at me (No "Hello <name>" as usual) as it was written more as a flyer than a formal letter. It also contained a link claiming to have more pictures, but I did not recognize the link as one of the usual picture hosting sites. I was wary of the site link being malicious, so I did not visit it. I snipped a portion of a paragraph and Googled it, hence finding this forum post and the same ad posted to many other car sales sites. I do see this user has forum posts denoting that of a real honest person. What irked me was getting the ad sent to my private email address and not knowing how John here got my contact info.

Not dissing the ad, just a bit perturbed. Open minded to an explanation.