1929 Graham at the Ironstone show.

countrytravler

Thanks for those extra photos Dave.

The reason I'm asking is I'm trying to pin down the years of this body style of Graham Truck I found that was made in Evanston IN according to the frame serial number prefix. Since the one you posted was a stake bed it had me curious as to the year and rating of the one at the yard I frequent. No title but he has a decent price on it and am in the process of trying to work a deal with the owner. Thanks again for the extra photos

post-69994-14314275126_thumb.jpg

post-69994-143142751243_thumb.jpg

post-69994-143142751243_thumb.jpg

post-69994-14314275126_thumb.jpg

The truck Dave posted looks like a four cylinder truck to me, possibly a G Boy from '26. Most later trucks have reveal lines on the doors, like a Victory. And the steering wheel says 4 to me. But I don't know trucks that well.

And that's what's throwing me...

Can't seem to find much on these trucks without the lines your describing. It does have a 4 cyl but I don't have any photos of engine in my files so I'll have to get some on my next outing along with other vital info.

I agree with it being mid 20's as you guys suggest but I was hoping the wood bed would shed some light on the year as well. Seems to me the lower stakesides could be compared but I have found no other design like it yet but then again it may be something that was added later.

Don't know if it matters but the Graham Brothers Emblem is placed on the rear passenger side of the wood frame rail. I've never seen that before and am very was curious of the significance if any. There isn't one on the drivers side rear, only on passenger side and nothing on the rear steel cross member.

post-69994-143142757359_thumb.jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

And that's what's throwing me...

Can't seem to find much on these trucks without the lines your describing. It does have a 4 cyl but I don't have any photos of engine in my files so I'll have to get some on my next outing along with other vital info.

I agree with it being mid 20's as you guys suggest but I was hoping the wood bed would shed some light on the year as well. Seems to me the lower stakesides could be compared but I have found no other design like it yet but then again it may be something that was added later.

Don't know if it matters but the Graham Brothers Emblem is placed on the rear passenger side of the wood frame rail. I've never seen that before and am very was curious of the significance if any. There isn't one on the drivers side rear, only on passenger side and nothing on the rear steel cross member.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]273316[/ATTACH]

That looks to me to be a hood side emblem that someone affixed to the wood frame bed rail.

That looks to me to be a hood side emblem that someone affixed to the wood frame bed rail.

I agree with it being a hood emblem. Look at the nails holding it, one is bent over. I would think the factory would have used screws. Dave, look at the '26 G Boy in The Dodge Story. It's a poor picture, but this truck looks just like it. It says beds were made in many different configurations. I would also GUESS it could have been bought as a cab and chassis and had a local body placed on it when new. BUY IT, do the research later.

Thanks for those extra photos Dave.

The reason I'm asking is I'm trying to pin down the years of this body style of Graham Truck I found that was made in Evanston IN according to the frame serial number prefix. Since the one you posted was a stake bed it had me curious as to the year and rating of the one at the yard I frequent. No title but he has a decent price on it and am in the process of trying to work a deal with the owner. Thanks again for the extra photos

[ATTACH=CONFIG]272777[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]272778[/ATTACH]

Definitely earlier 20's. Not an E do D series. Note the missing raised belt line ridges on doors and cowling.

Is there a frame number? That will tell a lot. Also check the wheelbase to verify model type.

Very rough condition. Hard to see if wood patterns are available.

Good parts truck.

He also built a garage around the truck. Truck is special.

Yes it is... and you can tell he poured his heart and soul into it. The attention to detail is one of the best I've seen on the GB's so far. Cannot speak to the correctness of parts and have no desire to. The truck is gorgeous and that's all that matters in my opinion.