Who is going to Fall Hershey 2014?

starfireelvis

My goodness, we are only about a week away from going to the greatest car show and swap meet on the planet. Seems like we ought to get a list together like we've done in years past, and let each other know who is bringing their vehicle(s) to the show, who's setting up at the Swap Meet and where, and anything else, so maybe we can say hello in person if we happen to bump into each other.

Let me start the ball rolling, as I will be bringing my Ebony Black 1962 Oldsmobile Starfire Coupe for the Saturday Car Show, after a year off from its annual trek to Hershey (brought my Provincial White '62 Dynamic 88 Fiesta Station Wagon last year for a change of pace). Plan on arriving to Chocolatetown late Tuesday afternoon, and will be here for the duration before heading back home Sunday morning.

Looking forward to this very much as always, and eager to hear from anyone else making the sentimental journey to Fall Hershey!

I'll be stating up camp (literally, with an Aliner camper) on the Green field, GBF 32-33..Tuesday until I OD on rusty parts... will have some thing for sale, '50's seat covers,66-67 Lincoln right front NOS fender, metal trunk that opens up sideways to over 6 feet wide, an early 1911 Hupp style front fender, some Pierce parts, and other various stuff....really don't expect to sell much but glad to visit!

We'll be in our favorite spots: GAI 18-19 with our trailer full of 1941-46 "Art-Deco" Chevrolet and GMC truck parts. Find where the Hyman collection intersects with the car corral and you're just about there. Arriving on Tuesday afternoon and setting up for the duration: Wednesday early am until Saturday about 2pm.

Spark plugs? Ok, I'll be there Rich! Drop by and visit us at GCC 5-6. We're over in front of the Giant Center, just across from the crab cake vendor and near the AACA membership shed and merchandise sales area there.

Come over and sit a spell, talk old car stuff, leave your heavy juque while you are wandering, or spend some dollars so I can buy more spark plugs, etc. Got a few interesting early automobilia items you'll want to see, and listed to the stories of course.

Here's my usual schedule - will set up Tuesday. Will try hard to sell something Wed. Susan and I will be splitting the store-keep duties until I make enough money to go buy something, then we're closing so we can swap the money for more stuff - after-all,, it is a "swap meet." We'll be back later in the afternoon if you catch us on a shopping expedition. Always eager to show off my discoveries and am anxious to see yours too. Pray for sunshine!

Terry

Jeff, the 41 Cadillac will be in the library tent with a sign thanking you and the donor! I will be there, of course, but this year actually taking a little time for myself as the fire breathing, snorting Olds Special will be at the race car event on Friday and the show on Saturday in Class 24D. I won't be with the car very much though. Make sure you visit the AACA trailer on Chocolate Field and the tent on Green Field and load up with AACA gear! Show your colors!

post-30866-143142750343_thumb.jpg

post-30866-143142750347_thumb.jpg

post-30866-143142750343_thumb.jpg

post-30866-143142750347_thumb.jpg

I'll be everywhere, man... I hope.

Packard is running great and will be driven to the show from Dayton. Will be shown in class 19e on Saturday. Come see the a/c system. This fall is the 75th anniversary for air conditioning to be offered as an option in a production car. Introduced Fall of 1939 on any 1940 model, from Super Eight to Six.

post-33613-143142750419_thumb.jpg

post-33613-143142750419_thumb.jpg

Sue and I will be arriving late Thursday morning just in time to work the Library tent. Stop in and pay us a visit and while you are there I would love to sell you a ticket for a chance on a new Chevrolet Camaro, that benefits both the Library and our Museum. We will also have our newly restored 70 Chevelle SS-454 in class 36G on the show field.

Will be there Tuesday thru Saturday on GAF 6-7-8. Haven't loaded yet, but will bring some new finds plus Buick parts 40's and up, other GM including some NOS Chevelle moldings, some Mopar and Ford and other makes, etc.

post-30595-143142751099_thumb.jpg

post-30595-143142751102_thumb.jpg

post-30595-143142751117_thumb.jpg

post-30595-143142751127_thumb.jpg

post-30595-143142751134_thumb.jpg

post-30595-14314275114_thumb.jpg

post-30595-143142751099_thumb.jpg

post-30595-143142751102_thumb.jpg

post-30595-143142751117_thumb.jpg

post-30595-143142751127_thumb.jpg

post-30595-143142751134_thumb.jpg

post-30595-14314275114_thumb.jpg

Leigh

While it rained half of Thursday and all of Friday, I wouldn't call last year a Wash Out. Many vendors had record sales, and many buyers found a LOT of good things to take home (including me). Saturday's show day was about as perfect as you could imagine.

BTW, how's that Clipped Pelican coming along?

Rich, think I just saw your sign. Impressive history. My car is a '41 Olds not MG based. 18" of frame removed, 303 Olds V-8 and raced extensively in the 60's. It has Pontiac, Ford, and Sprite parts along with three Stromberg 97's. A mongrel for sure but I am happy it is my mongrel and will be racing it next year.

I will be over in RNI 82-86 (behind TIP) and will be bringing a lot of Antique Toys that were part of my fathers estate, he was a huge toy collector, priced to sell fairly! My buddy is also brining his 59 Plymouth Fury Coupe to sell (don't know the price he will be asking) Nice car AZ car with ICE COLD FACTORY A/C WITH R-12. Also somebody is bringing some 32 Chevrolet parts to leave off for us to sell, as always I will have an assortment of 59-64 Chevrolet parts

After a few years of spending almost all of my time in the flea market space Tuesday-Friday and judging on Saturday, this year will be a little bit different.

I will still be in the Chocolate Field South along with Marty Roth, CG34 if I remember correctly.

This year, I am not bringing a truck full of stuff and will be bringing just a little bit of stuff to sell that I can fit in the trunk of my 1989 Buick Park Avenue that will be in the show in HPOF. I will be walking the fields looking more than usual this year, searching for a few small items related to my newly purchased 1937 Buick Century.

I have a 1954 Buick Model 41 For Sale. If anybody is interested, I could arrange to have a friend trailer it up but otherwise I will just have some for sale flyers for that car with me. I probably won't arrive until Wednesday this year and will be Judging on Saturday.

I have a 1954 Buick Model 41 For Sale. If anybody is interested, I could arrange to have a friend trailer it up but otherwise I will just have some for sale flyers for that car with me. I probably won't arrive until Wednesday this year and will be Judging on Saturday.

I know this is not the Buy/Sell Forum, but post a couple pictures Matt!!!

David,

I will see if I can find something odd or unique to toss in the trunk of the Park Avenue to tempt you. If you ever figure out the original use for that Trippe Spotlight, let me know. I still would like to know what it was designed for.

West,

That is my theory but I have never been able to confirm it. My only other theory was that it was for marine use but I think it would have had more brass used in the hardware if it were for marine use.

We are bring a 1956 Ford T-bird drivers side NOS steel front fender - $4,000.

I will be in the north chocolate field at C4V 22-23

I also have a set of 1967 Mustang NOS steel right & left quarter panels - $350 each.

They are still in the original brown paper wrappers.

If some one wants them, I can bring them to Hershey

Contact me at 937 287-8466.

Leigh

While it rained half of Thursday and all of Friday, I wouldn't call last year a Wash Out. Many vendors had record sales, and many buyers found a LOT of good things to take home (including me). Saturday's show day was about as perfect as you could imagine.

BTW, how's that Clipped Pelican coming along?

Well this is good to know!! Considering the weather reports that are coming out now I will keep this in mind!

As for our Clipped Pelican... well.... Neal keeps getting distracted with other car purchases. He needs to STOP buying and START restoring. Oh, and then we decided we wanted to get into dog showing and breeding...... One thing after another! :eek: