Who is the expert on this forum when it comes to...

1967 - 1997 Riviera

Who is the expert, or "go to" person, on this forum for antenna repairs?

Looks like I will need a number of parts to fix my power antenna on a 1999 Riviera, but I don't have their part numbers. The mast was slightly bent when I bought the car used, but it still worked fine for a couple of years until just recently. The motor functions as it should, but the three section mast no longer fully retracts or fully extends. I need the mast with the flat button on top. Don't know if I will also need the serrated plastic nut, within the black collar that is flush with the top of the fender, because I suspected that this would probably break when I attempted to unscrew it. I thought this was what secures the mast in place, but was told otherwise.

The original three section mast is bent. In addition, it would not extend completely or retract competely when the power was on or off. Too much static with the radio on. In order to prevent anyone from grabbing a hold of the mast and breaking it off completely, I turned off the radio and pushed it down as far as it would go by hand.

You can purchase a complete replacement power antenna unit from a Buick dealer, but it does not match the original mast with a flat button on top. Do any visitors to this board have the necessary parts or offer reconditioned antennas for a 1999, or are the auto recycling yards my best alternative?

• 3 weeks later...