Normal or good deal?

Wantvegas

This seems like a good deal based off ebay ones, but is this the normal price rage for these?

85,000 miles, automatic, loaded, soft top, hard top or convertible. Soft top and hard top are like new. Everything is working. Nice in out. runs great.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4690526853.html

That's probably a fair price for the car, assuming the mileage is correct and there is no rust or undisclosed problems. The "like new" description is misleading, as the interior shows wear, and the steering wheel hub cover is missing.

When you go to look at the car, verify that the odometer is still working.

If you buy the car, expect to do some brake work and chase electrical gremlins. If you are mechanically inclined and are looking for a project, this could be the car for you.

There are three price ranges on the TC, great shape, good shape and needs work.

Special interest cars are seasonal, half the country stops buying convertibles in July and the price on convertibles and collectibles drops considerably when winter comes to half the country. Value changes with demand.

Anytime you can buy a used car that doesn't need a thousand dollars worth of nickle and dime work you get a good deal when only need to pay the purchase price. If you can do the needed work yourself for a couple hundred dollars in parts, it's a good deal and the price might be right. The TC's that picture like this, in this price range, seem to want two G's up front to make them right. I bought my TC needing upholstery and top work that I did for a fifty hundred dollars, that would have cost a couple grand to have done. Depending on what's under the dash pad this one might need the same work, or even more dash work than the one in my garage.

From the pictures and the story of this add, this could be an under priced Good, or an over priced Needs. So when it comes to the question is this a good deal, my two cents worth is a bit of sage advice I got years ago. A good deal is always a good deal, a bad deal is always a bad deal and the number of dollars attached to the deal can make a bad deal look good. Always look at the deal first and the numbers second.

That price is about right for what I see in the ad, on the high end of normal. The ebay cars that 'go for more' are usually relisted within a couple of months because the 'buyer' backed out of the deal, read that to say the seller kept bidding the car up and no one outbid them to actually get the car. The dealer prices are out in the stratosphere and they keep the car for years before putting desperation prices on the cars to move them. Back in about 2002 I bought a triple black 91 from a dealer who had been advertising it at over $10,000 with 33000 miles after verifying miles with a friend who had worked on the car since new for the Chrysler dealer. Dealer (not Chrysler) balked at my offer of $6000 but I suggested they contact the local Chrysler dealer to find out what they ended up selling 2 red TC's for in order to finally sell them. They verified and wrote up the paperwork at my offer plus $300 and I wrote a check and picked up the car after they detailed it again. I never would have paid that much except for knowing the complete history of the car through my friend and ended up only having to change the fuel hoses and replace the rear wheel bearings, changing tires only when I moved across the country. At the time a TC like you linked to would have gone for around $4000 and needed another $2000 in repairs.