First New York State Inspection

60FlatTop

This seems to be a quiet corner of the AACA Forum so here's a tid bit. I got my '48 Deluxe Eight inspected today, transferred the Pennsylvania title in June. Mileage showed 32,499, which I believe to be true. I just have to figure out why it appears to have had a decade or so of outside storage and what led up to it.

post-46237-143142743041_thumb.jpg Bernie

Hi Bernie,

Good to see you here, and great to see your Deluxe Eight...

Here in Louisiana if you are using Antique Plate and use the car essentially for hobby purposes, state motor vehicle inspection is waived

post-54863-14314274318_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143142743193_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143142743204_thumb.jpg

Marty, Thanks for the welcome. I have been a Packard fan since I was 15 and let a couple go over the years. Straight eights are a favorite driving engine of mine. I was snooping around a 1950 Hudson Commodore Eight on one Friday in June, then the Packard showed up on Saturday. Brought it home the next Tuesday on a flatbed (some assembly required.

New York State was originally called Sherwood Forrest and the elected officials are mostly stricken with Robin Hood Syndrome. They define anyone they are not completely supporting as rich. If they can squeeze a nickle from a fee, tax, or surcharge they will grab it. Drive into New York on Interstate 90 sometime. There is a big sign at the border "Start Paying Here!"

Hoping to exercise the Packard every day until snow falls.

Bernie

Interesting that your car was just parked outdoors suddenly and left there for a decade! There may be no mystery or even a reason for it other than the owner moved onto other things. I parked my own fleet of nearly 22 cars, some outdoors, for nearly three decades after I lost my storage and had to bring them all home. I had too many to even be able to work on them, much less drive them so they just sat there. Now I have a more manageable half dozen that I have started working on to get back on the road and four are Packards.

Don