Is this an original Connie?

Beltfed

Well, I had never seen it before. Whoever has it purchased an engine (v12), tranny, and Columbia rear end from a '38 four door Zephyr that is being hot rodded in my local area. I was trying to buy these for my car but they paid way more than what I was willing to. Sorry to litter up this site. Being somewhat new to Lincons, I didn't know this was a butchered car.

Edited by Beltfed (see edit history)

I visited the shop today that has the trashed '38 Zephyr which engine, tranny etc. which was sold for the car pictured in my first post. I questioned the shop owner about the above car. He identified the shop that has the car and it's in my local area.

Now the interesting part...the shop in question does Concourse restorations, yeah that's what he said. Now get this...they have found another one and are having it shipped in. He said the cars are 1943's of which only 15 were made and they have the documentation to prove it. No, I swear I'm not smoking anything.

I plan on visiting the shop in the near future to see if I can find out what really's going on. I know some of you know just about all there is to know about Lincolns and I question how this could have slipped under the radar. Anyway, it sounds like a fun day trip with my car buddies. If nothing else, I like to visit shops to see what their building.

Please don't flame me for this post as I am just passing on what I was told. Turning wrenches is not the only fun you can have with old cars.