Buick 81C, 1939, Gearbox broken

Guest Londi

Hello Buick owner in the countrie where it was built. My Roadmaster bylong to Bob Lutz (Swissman as GM Manager )But this summer 1 gearwheel did broken(first+return) by a Show Event. All activities to find a gearwheel or gearbox in swizerland ar neg. So i hope the a Buick Enthusiast can give me a help to find the parts for it. i thank for all ansfers, Morris

Morris Welcome to the forum

1939 81C is a fine car.

Click on the link to the '39 team in my signature. Some other links in that thread to information that may be interest to you.

What gear is broken? Is is the small "AC 4.421 1298457 GEAR, counter (cluster)" or the larger "BC 4.417 1296506 GEAR, 1st & reverse sliding". Some transmission parts are the same as other Buicks. But '39's have many 1 year only parts. You need to expect to pay a lot for the parts. [i will send you an email - but I do not have parts]

You can join the '39 Buick team. And we like photos

Edit

Image of 1940 large series transmission - is similar to a 1939 series 60-80-90 transmission (corrected)

http://forums.aaca.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=271799&d=1411862171

Edited by 1939_buick
image link added (not sure how large that shows on screen) (see edit history)

Guest bobgould

I have several used parts for your 1939 transmission , please identify the parts you need a little better using the page from the Buick master parts book which some one posted for you and I will help you if I can.

hello Bob

thanks for the reply, the gear is the part nr. 4.417 but the page from the master parts book is for 1940. the broken gear has diametre 109mm (4.29inch), it has 31 teeth

Morris

You have got a good offer above by bobgould :)

group 4.417 part 1296506 GEAR first and reverse sliding 1938 1939 60 80 90 1940 60 70 80 90. (was $7.00 in 1941)

From the 1928 to 1941 Master Parts List of Chassis Parts (it does not have images for 1939)

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

I have the part you need it has a little wear on it but it is still very serviceable ,and all I ask is that you pay the shipping on it.You may have it,no charge, Bob

thats like crismas in Summer! thank you, how can i pay the shipping(mastercard?); first? Are you west or east coast?

Morris

Guest bobgould

I am located in Harwich,MA, Cape Cod. Send me your address I'll package it up and let you know what it cost to send it to you, you can send me a money order or bank check and then I will put it in the mail, unless you have any other suggestions.

As Morris is in Switzerland (from his email adress) sending a US cheque can be hard. Paypal is on option for some. In cases like this I have sent cash US notes in the mail. Is a risk, but for me money has always been received by person intended. The cost by US postal service (snail mail) can be high, but so be it.

Morris & Bob

You need to join the '39 Buick team

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

I am located in Harwich,MA, Cape Cod. Send me your address I'll package it up and let you know what it cost to send it to you, you can send me a money order or bank check and then I will put it in the mail, unless you have any other suggestions.[/QUOT

enfortunatly i am now away till octobre 11, thanks Morris

Edited by MrEarl
remove private info per request (see edit history)

Morris

Its not good idea to put personal information on a public forum. Suggest you edit. Private meassgse or email are better for this

Bob

I think CH-5043 is the zip code. CH = Switerzland

Guest bobgould
Morris

Its not good idea to put personal information on a public forum. Suggest you edit. Private meassgse or email are better for this

Bob

I think CH-5043 is the zip code. CH = Switerzland

My e-mail bobgould@myway.com sorry I forgot there are a few people that like to take advantage of others.

Edited by bobgould (see edit history)