Color Scheme for 1953 Buick Skylark

Guest Coach101

Guest Coach101

Hey Folks, I hope some body can help me. I'm just finishing up on a two year refresher restoration on a 1953 Buick Skylark. The first restoration guys got the color wrong so I'm having it painted the correct Mandarin red, BUT I'm not sure if using the same color on the Dashboard is the proper thing to do. I've seen other 53 Skylarks with that same sort of Burgundy colored dash. A white one and the other lighter red one as well. The car just went for paint and the paint tech thinks it maybe should have the dashboard done in the same Mandarin red as the outside. I'm just not sure if they're actually the very same color. Any help with this matter would mean a lot to me. I'm going to sell it when its done, and I want it to be as perfect as I can get it. Thanks

Color of the upper instrument panel and other trinkets was determined by the TRIM CODE Number on 1953 Buick Skylarks. You don't mention a TRIM color.

If you have a red and white interior, TRIM CODE NO. 66, the items noted in the attachment are painted the same Mandarin Red as the exterior, Duco No. 202-57353. Steering wheel was also a Mandarin Red color. If you have a black and white interior, TRIM CODE NO. 67, the items are painted black, Duco No. 246-2247, along with a black steering wheel.

post-41556-143142740975_thumb.jpg

What's the chances of getting your FISHER BODY PLATE NUMBER and other info for a project that I've got ongoing for a 1953-1954 Buick Skylark Registry? Thanks.

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

Guest shadetree77

Al, do you have the info. from the '53 Skylark undergoing restoration at the Sloan Buick Gallery? I've been volunteering there and can most likely locate the information next time I go in if you like.

• 4 years later...