Help, Tore my clutch up today in my 1917 Maxwell. I need a Clutch Spring Spider Assembly.

Having been in the repair business for much of my life I'm curious to know what can't be fixed....... :confused:

Usually nothing as long as you throw enough money at it! I very well may have to repair this but I'd like the option of replacing it with a correct part when I do get it apart. I'm working on a car someone else assembled 50 years ago so the internals are unknown to me. I do know he was a cost no object type person so I was surprised when my maiden voyage revealed a clutch that would barely function. When I backed off on the adjustment nuts trying to get the clutch to take hold sooner, the bolts hit the bellhousing and bent over like giant bent nails. That's why I'd like another factory correct part so I could at least know that was correct as I start my diagnosis of what is not quite right in this set up.

Howard Dennis

Sounds like you have been the victim of over-priced shops who possibly (probably) didn't know what they were doing....... :mad:

No, I usually do my own work but I have have been ripped off by almost every machine shop I've had to rely on in the past 50 years.

Howard Dennis