My 1965 Chevy Bel Air

Guest DCooney

My wife and I just purchased a 1965 Bel Air, there isn't much left of this car that is stock the way it set up now is more of a drag/street rod. It has a 454 engine (it feels and sounds like it has an oversized cam), 4 speed on the floor, and positrac rear end that I am not sure of the gear ratio. So at this point I think I am going to continue on working on it as a street rod but there are things that I would like to fix that are still stock. My biggest problem so far is that a lot of sites online don't sell specific parts for that car. They elude to the Impala being interchangeable parts to the Bel Air. I am talking about door panels, widow trim, body trim. The site I have been on the most is call Classic Industries Restoration. Is there any web site that can be recommended to get parts for this car that are specific to this car? Is it true that some or most of the door panels, window trim, and body trim are truly interchangeable? The car we have now is in great shape. Any help at all would be very grateful.

Thanks

Dave

It is a 2 door. I have found a place that sells body parts for this car, but they are pricey. It needs the window trim and seals bad, the door seals are new but the rest is original.