Lead - 1973 Riviera for Sale

JZRIV

This car is local to me in Jeannette PA. I told the owner I would advertise it here to hopefully find it a good home where it will be driven again. A woman is selling it to settle an estate. Originally the car came from West Virginia. 59K+ miles which I believe are original.

I looked at it on my lunch hour but didn't have much time hence the poor pics and little detail. The body looked solid with no rust showing but believe there was some rust repair maybe 15 or so years ago. Apparently it has held up well. At least part of the car was repainted. Currently does not run but with the questions I asked I believe it won't take much. According to a neighbor, car was driven prior to the death and ran well. Last it was run was about a year ago. Lost storage so car was parked outside, an aerosol can left on the rear package deck exploded from the sun and took the rear glass with it. An attempt to seal the opening failed and water has penetrated the trunk and its like a sauna, not pretty, however I hit the trunk floor hard with my fist and it still seemed solid. If everything was removed and dried out it could be made presentable. It may have the original spare or perhaps a period bias tire at least. I didn't remove the cover.

There is no pitting on the chrome. Appear bumpers will clean up very presentable and the rubber impact strips are near excellent. Lower stainless is nice. Saw no sign of accident or mismatched body panels. Paint should clean up and be presentable also but there will be some flaws. Door shut solid no sag. Trunk and hood shut solid. Interior is pretty nice but has a slight tear on the driver seat backrest and a small slit on the driver door armrest side. Whatever sticky stuff was in the aerosol can is plastered on the right rear interior panels, glass etc. It seems like it may clean up OK but not sure.

Did not see any bubbling under the vinyl top and vinyl itself is in great shape. Car was garaged until a year ago.

Obvious options are PW, PS, AM/FM, TripSet, RR defog, A/C. Didn't think to look for a limited slip tag on axle.

The tires have been holding air but will need replaced. After the short time I viewed it this car has decent potential with the low mileage and if I wasn't already involved in too many other projects I would attempt to buy it. When I talked to her she said she hoped to get $5k so to abide by the forum rules that's the asking price. I explained to her the devaluation based on the current condition and said she just wants rid of it before winter and wanted me or someone to make an offer. She is a nice lady and wasn't comfortable with her number being on a forum so if interested or you have more questions shoot me an email or PM me and I can give you her number as its not fully legible in pic. I'd like to see this car go to a good home.

post-50687-143142736428_thumb.jpg

post-50687-143142736442_thumb.jpg

post-50687-143142736453_thumb.jpg

post-50687-143142736463_thumb.jpg

post-50687-143142736474_thumb.jpg

post-50687-143142736483_thumb.jpg

post-50687-143142736493_thumb.jpg

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...