Wanted in Oregon Straight 8 motor for 51-54 Buick

Guest sarnett

Hello, I'm in Oregon looking for a straight 8 motor for 51-54 Buick. I have a 52 Buick Special with a straight 8 263ci motor that needs to be replaced. Please contact me if you live in Oregon and have one for sale. Thanks, Scott

sarnett,

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. A couple of points... 1954 Buicks did not have the straight 8 motor. 1954 had a V8 engine. You have posted the same post in 4 separate forums. Duplicate postings in the wrong forums will probably not help you find the engine you need. The Buy/Sell Forum is appropriate for this issue. You should also scroll down to the Buick Specific Forums and post it in the Buick Buy/Sell Forum. Other than posting there, there is no need for the duplicate postings. Inappropriate duplicate posts get removed by the moderators.

I don't see why the guy should be limited in where he searches. There may be some of us that don't look at all of the forums but may still have what he is looking for.

I don't know what other forums he asked on but you suggest the he post on another forum after asking him not to, he is just trying to get his car running.

Just my opinion.

Now you can delete my comments.

Matthew C. Hinson, actually in 54 Buick made both straight 8 and V8. Check it out. I posted in more than one forum to increase my chances of hearing from someone that might have a straight 8 motor for sale, not be misinformed or have them deleted.

Thank you Jack, I appreciate that. You're absolutely correct. Matthew C. Hinson is terribly misinformed and doesn't know what he's talking about. Buick in 54 made both straight 8 and V8.

Thanks for the craigslist link Pat, that helps somewhat. The dynaflow transmission is for automatic, I have a manual transmission that's actually in good shape. Plus, I think I might be lucky enough to sleeve the #7 and #8 cylinders and salvage my straight 8 since #1 through #6 are firing good with plenty of compression. Thanks for the link! -Scott