Just bought an 89! Yay!

Wantvegas

Hey Everyone, I have wanted to get a TC for some time now and i finally just bought an 89! It is in really good shape overall, but it does not run right. It has a rod knock. :( I plan on fixing it soon though and getting this beauty back on the road. :cool:
Good looking car guy. Same as my 89 TC when I got it. As for the rod knock, is it really loud? Are you planning to repair it yourself? I had light rod noise in my 89 some time back. Turned out that the crank was not damaged and all it needed was a new set of inserts. It still runs great at 275,000 miles +.

Good looking car guy. Same as my 89 TC when I got it. As for the rod knock, is it really loud? Are you planning to repair it yourself? I had light rod noise in my 89 some time back. Turned out that the crank was not damaged and all it needed was a new set of inserts. It still runs great at 275,000 miles +.

Thank you Hemi Dude! Yes the knock is really loud. I dont have the skill set to fix it myself so im going to have it repaired. As long as the repair is under $1500 i should be ok still. I only paid $600 for the car! Im super excited to drive it though, right now it just sits looking pretty.

Thank you Hemi Dude! Yes the knock is really loud. I dont have the skill set to fix it myself so im going to have it repaired. As long as the repair is under $1500 i should be ok still. I only paid $600 for the car! Im super excited to drive it though, right now it just sits looking pretty.

If the miles are low and your car looks as good inside as out, you could spend double on repairs and still be right with the car. Congrats on your TC.