1941 Dodge 3-Window Business Coupe

MBL

Howdy All. My name is Tim. I have not been on these forums in quite a while, but I figured I'd start in due to a recently acquired project. I just picked up a 1941 Dodge Business Coupe. It needs quite a bit so I am on the quest for some small parts. Decent used/restorable parts is the focus. I supposed I could use some info on interchange. For example, I could totally use a garnish molding for the front windshiled. Not sure if its the same for all Chrysler products or not. Would like to see if I can find a decent dash and restorable steering wheel too. Anyhoo, the quest is on! Any help on parts etc will be GREATLY Appreciated.

Here's a few pics of the ride:

IMG_2407034818505_zpsjw9ypjuq.jpeg

2014-09-21%2015.05.38_zpspbfa7ae0.jpg

2014-09-21%2012.13.38_zpsxd8dwqyu.jpg

Thanks again!

Tim

MBL

I checked with Andy the other day. He has a bunch of stuff, but not the stuff I am hunting for at this point. I'm hoping to find someone parting out a 41 Dodge somewhere. I could use some of the items not typically cataloged by most parts suppliers. I'm just starting on this guy, so hopefully some items will turn up soon.

Tim

MBL

• 3 weeks later...

Pulled the dashboard out over the weekend. I need to do some rust repair. And the windshield garnish molding will need to be replaced. This garnish appears to be the same as perhaps the other Mopars. And possibly up through 48. Does anyone know for sure? If the windshield rubber is the same for 41-48, it may stand to reason that the windshields are the same...and therefore the inside garnish.

Thanks

Tim

MBL

Edited by MBL (see edit history)

Yep....that's what I thought it was. That color is called Heather Rose. The black is called Sapphire, I believe. I really miss the one I had....

Interesting that we owned similar cars....

post-37352-1431427786_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142778607_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142778613_thumb.jpg

2014-10-11%2011.27.56_zps11ygmpet.jpg

2014-10-16%2017.44.16_zpsdyggc343.jpg

Pulled the dash out and apart. It needs some work. In the areas that have bad pitting, I'm gonna spot weld some sheet metal under it to strengthen it. Then I will use almetal filler on the top.

Now anyone know how they did that woodgrain?

:)

Tim

MBL

I'll check it out. I did see some stuff called hydrographic film. Very interesting. I can totally see doing that.

So here's another question...How do you pull the wiper control bezel? Is that riveted on like the headlight switch? Another mystery!

Tim

MBL