MORE PARTS INQUIRIES

Guest speegt

post-92388-143142733363_thumb.jpgTHE FIRST 2 PICS ARE FROM UP INSIDE THE CENTER CONSOLE , THE LAST WAS BEHIND GLOVE BOX. IM GUESSING THE FIRST IS THE ECU WITH THE FACTORY AMP MOUNTED TO IT AND THE LAST IS THE BCM , BUT IM NOT SURE .

post-92388-143142733358_thumb.jpg

post-92388-143142733361_thumb.jpg

the first 2 pics , this was located in the center console drivers side ,right in front of the shifter assembly , the last pic was in behind the glove box.

I found another box up under dash on drivers side , I don't have it removed yet but im assuming that's the ecu . if the first 2 pics are the crtc and turn signal module , what exactly do they control?

speegt,

Here's a link to Padgett's page regarding the "Black (and silver) Boxes" in the Reatta. The link takes you to a page with more links at the top of the page. Click on *Articles and Fixes*. Then, in the right hand column, click on The many "Black (and silver) Boxes" link. (third one down on Right hand side).

He has even more interesting info there that you should check out.

(speegt, what the heck does that mean anyway?? :confused:)

John F.

Edited by Machiner 55 (see edit history)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]270911[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]270912[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]270913[/ATTACH]THE FIRST 2 PICS ARE FROM UP INSIDE THE CENTER CONSOLE , THE LAST WAS BEHIND GLOVE BOX. IM GUESSING THE FIRST IS THE ECU WITH THE FACTORY AMP MOUNTED TO IT AND THE LAST IS THE BCM , BUT IM NOT SURE .

The last picture looks to be the BCM, on my 89 I found the ECM behind the glove box, under the BCM.

It is not mounted flat like the BCM, but vertical.

I found another box up under dash on drivers side , I don't have it removed yet but im assuming that's the ecu . if the first 2 pics are the crtc and turn signal module , what exactly do they control?

The pic you show is actually TWO distinct modules. The larger metal one without the heatsink is the CRTC (Cathode Ray Tube Controller). That is actually an Intel 8088 PC running specialized IBM developed software that generates the signals to the touchscreen CRT. The smaller one WITH the heatsink is the flasher/turn/brake module that controls exactly what its name implies. It is an all electronic module that runs the hazard, turn signals, and brake lights. FYI, there is NO "can" flasher on the 88/89 modules for the turn signals, so don't waste time looking.