Rivs in Glendale, Queens, NY

JanZverina

I happened to be in Glendale, Queens, New York last week when the NYC/Long Island ROA chapter held their annual ROA Friendship Meet at the Glendale Street Fair. (Glendale was the first neighborhood I lived in -- I was there visiting some family members.) Attached are pix of three Rivs in attendance - Harold Mecabe's fine '79 (he's the original owner); Howard Attanasio's Fawn Mist '63; and Kenny Vasti's very well optioned '65 Gran Sport. Great looking Rivs all three of them, and I very much enjoyed chatting with their owners!

post-56475-143142732288_thumb.jpg

post-56475-143142732194_thumb.jpg

post-56475-14314273221_thumb.jpg

post-56475-14314273222_thumb.jpg

post-56475-143142732244_thumb.jpg

post-56475-143142732264_thumb.jpg

post-56475-143142732194_thumb.jpg

post-56475-14314273221_thumb.jpg

post-56475-14314273222_thumb.jpg

post-56475-143142732244_thumb.jpg

post-56475-143142732264_thumb.jpg

post-56475-143142732288_thumb.jpg

There is another 63 Riviera in Queens New York that nobody in the ROA knows about. There is an elderly gentleman

who lives in Queens who is the original owner of a dark blue with blue interior 63 Riviera with 6,000 original miles on it. His nephew

is a customer of mine and I have tried to purchase this car but he refuses to sell it. His wife hates the car and it will be sold in ten

seconds after he passes on. I hope at that time that I can manage to purchase it. I have seen pictures and I believe it to be the finest original first gen Riviera in existence. The reason it is such low mileage is that when the car was new, he and his wife went

out in it and her high heel punched a hole in the passenger side rubber floor mat. A huge argument ensued resulting in the wife refusing to ever ride in the car again or acknowledge it's existence. So he bought another car that she would ride in, and for the last 50 years he drives it every 6 weeks at 5 am on Sunday morning when nobodfy else is out on the road just to keep the mechanicals in good shape. This car is the ultimate Riviera time warp.....beam me up scotty!

Guest dwhiteside64

Those are some beauties for sure! Thanks Jan for sharing.

Gotta say Winston that's one bizarre story! Amazing that her anger over that one incident would still linger over half a century later. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned lol! :P

Thanks, Jason. Can you make sure Ray Knott sees these pix for possible inclusion in the Riview? I'm sure Harold will submit some pix and text as well. As I was leaving the show they were getting ready to move their cars together for a group photo, and maybe some more Rivs arrived later on in the day.

Jan,

Ray has them. Right now they're posted on the website in the Regional News & Events link. Should Ray want to highlight the gathering in the Riview, he already has the pictures.

Here's a link to the NYC/Long Island section on the website.

http://rivowners.org/news.html#longisland

Ed

Looks like those photos are from 2013 :). I'm sure Harold will submit some photos and a brief write-up of the event to Ray for inclusion on the web site...

Looks like those photos are from 2013 :). I'm sure Harold will submit some photos and a brief write-up of the event to Ray for inclusion on the web site...

Thanks for catching that. As you say, Harold will more than likely keep Ray current of what's going on in his region.

Ed

• 3 weeks later...