HELP ! New Departure Bearing Cross to Today's Brands

Budensor

Does have a Cross from New Departure Bearings to Today's Brands for My 1936 Buick Roadmaster 80C ? The service manual list for the front wheel bearing number as New Departure #909035 but the Bearing has number #909735 on the one I took of the car.

I hope someone has old books the would list other Brands that are still made today. Like National , SKF and others.

Thanks

Bud Ensor

Bud, Have you tried George "The Bearing Doctor"? OLCAR BEARING CO. in Southern Pines, North Carolina.. 910 693 3324 He has the good old made is USA bearings, not all the China crap out there today. Great guy to deal with, "the honor system".. He sends you your order, then you send him a check.. Give him a try... Tom

There are several threads here on old to new bearing numbers.

Better to go to an industrial bearing supplier - not a car parts place.

But the link above looks to have answered your question

There are several threads here on old to new bearing numbers.

Better to go to an industrial bearing supplier - not a car parts place.

But the link above looks to have answered your question

Yes you are correct I went to a Industrial Bearing Supplier Wednesday ! They were able to get the part for me in yesterday and it was the " New Departure " in a nother Brand Box ! So this taught me to think outside the BOX !

Thanks Guys

Bud Ensor

Bearings to same dimensions are often made by different manufacturers. However they are all not the same quality or materials or dimensional tolerances. Long established Industrial Bearing Supplier's often books with cross reference lists

Your other thread http://forums.aaca.org/f169/help-crossing-wheel-bearing-new-departure-380048.html