WANTED 1930 Dodge Marathon photos

35cz8

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I am still interested in any photos that, I don't have, of the 1930 Dodge 8 Marathon.  I prefer originals, but good scans are welcome to as I am looking for details of the car in the photos.  Let me know what you have please. Thanks for any help.

Bob

• Like 1

What about approaching newspapers and auto-trade publications? Dodge Brothers would have tried to make an event at the locations it passed through and the local papers may have something. They will probably have more photos than they published and if the photographer was free-lance there could be even more negatives out there.

What about approaching newspapers and auto-trade publications? Dodge Brothers would have tried to make an event at the locations it passed through and the local papers may have something. They will probably have more photos than they published and if the photographer was free-lance there could be even more negatives out there.

Hi Spinneyhill,

I have been going through old (1930 - 1931) newspapers for some time now and have come up with some great articles but not many pictures.  When I do find a picture, that I don't have, it is hard to try and get a decent print from it - so for pictures, I am needing real photos and if a scan of one, it needs to be a decent size resolution in order to get a print showing the details.  I have been working on this project for some time, and it is really interesting to research and see just what the Marathon car went through on it's journey.  I really enjoy history and since I have a DC8, this project is really of interest to me.  I have also found some info in other books and continue to search for anything I don't have on the Marathon car.  I know there has to be more old pictures and negatives out there, but locating them is the hard part LOL.  This is what brought me to the forums in search of information and pictures as it seems like a great place to find the right people to help me find them. Thanks for your input and advice, I will try anything I can to get as complete a story of this event.

Bob

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As a side note, can anyone provide a readable image or text describing in detail the route taken by this 1930 Dodge Marathon?  I found a map of the marathon on the Internet but the resolution is too poor to make out the cities listed.  Thanks.

Hello 35cz8,

You should be finding more pictures taken recently for a friend told me that he saw the Marathon Car last August in Garden City, Kansas stopped at the Dodge dealer there for a photo shoot. He said that he checked out the odometer and it read 45,986,923 miles. That's pretty good for a 85 year old car. If I hear of anymore sighting I'll let you know. 

Yep,  Those old Doges were quite the car and seem to just go and go and then go some more.  I have been checking our local Dodge dealer too to see if he knows when it will be here in our small town (LOL).  Thanks for this great update Dave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...