Picked up a 64 Parts Car. Let me know what you need.

Guest RivinitUP

Guest RivinitUP

Hey Guys,

Me and a couple buddies went up to pick up the parts car I had mentioned in a previous thread. We got rained out so we still have to pick-up the chassis another day, the nailhead, tranny driveline and brakes are already spoken for.

It has a non-a/c black dash that's in really good shape, back glass, and maybe a gas tank.

The bumpers and the remained of the body aren't really that great, but the roof and pillars are solid if anyone is looking for a roof.

Most of the bumpers and panels are pretty shot, so I'm going to try to take everything I can off the car, find it a good home, the rest we will unfortunately have to take to the wreckers.

I can provide more pics, if necessary,just just email me at Darrell@darrellbrown.ca and let me know know what you're looking for.

Here's a short list of some items of parts I've got available for sale, if there's something you're looking for specifically, let me know, i might have.

[h=1]1965 Buick Special PAN, FLOOR, FULL-LENGTH, RH, 64-67 "A" EDP COATED 30 W X 72 L - TRK FREIGHT - 4030-500-64R it's a GOODMARK, brand new condition.[/h]post-101477-143142730396_thumb.jpg

Buick Riviera Hubcaps

post-101477-143142730403_thumb.jpg

Headlights and Grill.

post-101477-143142730405_thumb.jpg

I'm still sorting through a lot of the trim and parts boxes. I will keep you posted. I will try and put up some more pictures up, when I get to it.

I've got the doors, Glass, electrical, trim, some Buick Floor mats,

post-101477-143142730401_thumb.jpg

If you have the door skins off and can get to the window regulators, I need the piece on each window that is attached to the long channel that runs parallel to the bottom of the window and rotates and follows the curved channel in the door. If my description is lacking, I can send a picture of the piece I need. If the car has a/c and you've got the console out, I also need the plastic (?) piece that is bolted to the frame of the dash and under the radio. It's an oblong "bulb" like piece that comes off the a/c and distributes the air to the defroster and other a/c and heat ducts. I can also send a picture of mine (the one with the big hole in it.) Any of the "unique to '64" seat belt hardware? Buckles - both halves, or the piece that bolts to the floor, or the chrome factory seat belt bolts.

Thanks,

Ed

Guest RivinitUP

Hey Ed,

The door skins are off, but if you could send me a picture of exactly what you need, I'm pretty sure I can help you out with that. The car has no a/c but the dash is in pretty good shape. If it doesn't have a/c I don't know if it would work for yours, I did find the airplane type seatbelts in a box. If you can send me pics. (Darrell@DarrellBrown.ca) I will pull what you need and send you pics of what I have.

Guest RivinitUP

post-101477-143142735631_thumb.jpg

Hi Ed,

These are the seatbelts that came with the parts car, the ones your'e looking for are very nice. the other belts that came with my project car are in a box in the attic right now, when I get a chance I will see if I can find them. If I have them I will let you know.

here's a pick of one of the doors.

post-101477-143142735634_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]271139[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]271138[/ATTACH]

Hi Ed,

These are the seatbelts that came with the parts car, the ones your'e looking for are very nice. the other belts that came with my project car are in a box in the attic right now, when I get a chance I will see if I can find them. If I have them I will let you know.

here's a pick of one of the doors.

The part that I want for the window channel is not shown in that picture. I'll get back to you with a picture of the complete door or just that part.

Ed

Guest RivinitUP

Hi Ed,

We were playing with window motors and seat motors last night all in working order.

the skins are off, so If you can send me a picture of what you're looking for on the doors, aswell as under the dash, I will check to see what I have. still trying trying to figure out how to get the darn dash off.hahha

Guest RivinitUP

Hey Willy, I'm going to be trying to save whatever I can off the car, we will be taking the wheels and brakes off, after we get the motor out. so we should be able to sort something out for you.

Guest RivinitUP

Hey Paul,

I remove the rear bumper guard last night the chrome was in pretty good shape, when I took it off the bumper I realized the bottom portion of it was crammed full of 50 years of dirt. I scraped it out to see what was there and it has rotted out in one section on the lower inside portion. I took a couple picks to show you.

post-101477-143142756917_thumb.jpg

post-101477-143142756887_thumb.jpg

Guest RivinitUP

Hey Guys,

I took the day off yesterday to tinker with the parts car and snap some picks. The roof is in really good shape, I snapped a few picks in case any is doing a project, chop or mod. or had a tree fall on their Riv. (accidents happen)

It's still on the car, so I can cut it wherever is necessary. I'm trying to save what I can off this one before the rest unfortunately has to go to scrap. I threw it up on ebay for $150.00 If interested pm me.

post-101477-14314275705_thumb.jpg

post-101477-143142756945_thumb.jpg

post-101477-143142756971_thumb.jpg

post-101477-143142756998_thumb.jpg

post-101477-143142757024_thumb.jpg

Any chance you could show a pic of the male side of that specific seatbelt? I have the same ones that I want to swap into my Wildcat but I cannot figure out what the other side looks like so it has been tough to source them. I assume both sides are specific to 64?

Thanks

Sorry - RivNut my post above was directed to this post of yours.

I'm sending pictures of the seat belts today. I'll have to get back to the car in the shop to get pictures of the parts of the window that I need. These buckles are unique to '64 and they're the only ones I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Ed

[ATTACH=CONFIG]271132[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]271133[/ATTACH]

Sorry - RivNut my post above was directed to this post of yours.

I would but I'm afraid there could be a problem. I have a couple of sets of '64 belts, the original date tags are still on them, and each set looks identical BUT the buckles, male and female, do not interchange with each other. Basically each male side is a trapezoid with a square hole in the middle of it. I cannot figure out what the difference is, it must be inside the female part of the buckle where I can't see what's in there.

Darrel,

Finally. Attached is a picture of the track arm that I need for my '64 Riviera. It's the arm that comes down from the back and the roller fits into the curved channel.

I need the mirror image opposite of this one. I think the one pictured is for the passenger's side door, but I can't tell for sure. If you've got the one I need, let me know what I owe you. It unbolts from the window with the two bolts that you see. If the bolts and surrounding rubber washers are in good shape, I'll take them as well.

Thanks,

Ed

post-50017-143142769285_thumb.jpg

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Mine are 4 A64 with a date of mfg showing Jan 1964 - does that help?

I would but I'm afraid there could be a problem. I have a couple of sets of '64 belts, the original date tags are still on them, and each set looks identical BUT the buckles, male and female, do not interchange with each other. Basically each male side is a trapezoid with a square hole in the middle of it. I cannot figure out what the difference is, it must be inside the female part of the buckle where I can't see what's in there.

Mine are 4 A64 with a date of mfg showing Jan 1964 - does that help?

Not really, they're made by different manufacturers. My hypothesis is that Buick gave some specs to different sub contractors. They look similar but don't mate. Kind of like Metric and SAE. Close. But closeness only counts in horseshoes, hugs, and hand grenades.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RivinitUP

HEY Frank, I have a local guy coming by on sunday, Iwho had asked for it. I've already removed it from the car, if he's not interested I will let you know.

Guest RivinitUP

Hey Snake, I have a chance to sort through the trim on the weekend. and will let you know. so just to clarify it's just the interior rear window trim you're after anything else trim wise?

Rivitup, actually just the bottom pieces that go from the back bottom of the window and out to the sides along side of the package tray toward the front of the rear seats. Looks like 4 pieces in all. I'll know one I see a pic of them.