wanted packard chassis required 1934 1100 703

davesaab

hi there guys i have just purchassed a 1934 packard yippy 1100 703 4 door saloon

wheel base 129.5 the car turned up yesterday i was happy, the car was a bit of a mess which i new but i like a challange.i put the car on the ramp and pressed the button the ramp went up but the car didnot.the car has been sitting on its belly for 35 years or so the rear chassis is rotted i can repair but its a lot of work and fabrication,

the body needs to come of to repair so i am looking for some parts i have a shipping company that can collect but will need to be palleted i am in the uk

here is a list

both front fenders

both rear fenders

chassis,frame bare or rolling

if you need anymore info so i can find the correct part please let me know

Thanks again

Edited by davesaab (see edit history)

.the car has been sitting on its belly for 35 years or so the rear chassis is rotted i can repair but its a lot of work and fabrication the body needs to come off

====================================================================

May I respectfully suggest you take a good hard look at the excellent advice in this forum down thru the years, as to the mistake of trying to correct years of abuse by others. So many of our contributors have said so well, over and over again, " DONT DO IT " !

The car you are describing was Packard's "lo price leader" for that year - was certainly, when new, an outstanding "buy" in its price class. Be assured there is merit to the argument that the Packard Company gave its customers an honest deal, no matter how much they spent on a new Packard, so of course what you have, if it were serviceable, would be great car.

That's the problem - what you have is an ordinary "small eight" ( "Standard Eight" ) with, as best as I am able to determine, an five passenger sedan body.

For far less investment in time and money, you could buy MUCH "more car", ready to enjoy, than to try and re-create a car out of what you describe.

Again, strongly recommend you research the issue of restoring "basket cases" compared to buying something serviceable. The big CLOSED Packards of your year do not command anything like the money you hear about changing hands on OPEN Packards. I would not be surprised if you would find a serviceable Super Eight or even a Twelve closed Packard, for MUCH MUCH less than trying to resurrect what you have described. And wind up with a much more satisfying car ! Arent you just a little bit curious to know why the "big" Packards cost three, four or more times as much as their ordinary "lo price leader" cars ?

Again, I cannot recommend the advice you can get from this forum high enough !

Many thanks for your advise it IS really appriciated.i totaly understand cars are about sums is it worth doing,not doing things the right way can cause massive costs due to mistakes i understand,yes i have made a mistake i should have got on a plane and had a look,i didn't, now i have egg on my face,i have been looking at the car and may repair the chassis its only metal bent,the wood work i have a good friend who is a carpenter that will be his job,he doesnt no that yet.i have been working on cars for the last 30 years and there is nothing i havnt done yet.the problem i have is i have paid for the car and shipping etc.metal isn't very expensive its the labour

but its my labour i have already nearly completed the engine and gearbox which i already had.yes it is a 50/50 but what do i do with it,im 46 and mad as a box of frogs,last year i restord a 1936 1402 been i a garage for 35 years with an engine in bits the car was on the road in 6 months

post-100993-143142732579_thumb.jpg

post-100993-14314273259_thumb.jpg

post-100993-143142732579_thumb.jpg

post-100993-14314273259_thumb.jpg