One of the most desireable Reatta's??

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

With Barney's recent post on survival rate & numbers, this Red 91 convertible has to be one of the most desirable Reatta's out there. Plus it has the red interior which makes it a little unique. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buick-Reatta-convertible-1991-buick-reatta-convertible-2053-original-documented-miles-showroom-new-/201170846691?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2ed6b783e3&item=201170846691&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

Is that my queue for more numbers? Most everyone agrees that any '91 convertible is desireable, it helps if they are good looking, and this one is. This cars only option is the CD player, and it has pinstripe delete. I don't know if some people ordered them that way because they did not like the pinstripe or to save $45.

There were 88 Red exterior 1991 convertibles built. 68 had tan interior, 5 had grey interior, and the remaining 15 had the flame red interior. Of the 15 in the red/red color combination, 5 had black tops and the other 10 had white tops. Breaking it down further... red/red/white, there were 6 that had both CD and 16 way, 3 with only the CD and 1 without options.

Of the 3 convertibles like this one, the other two had white pinstripes ..... that means this is the only one built with these colors, and options.

It appears 8 were either scrapped or donated.

I guess I should really be feeling all warm and fuzzy based on Barney's numbers.

Our '91 vert is red/red/white, with CD and 16 way seat. The build sheet shows pin stripe delete, but the car has taped white pin stripes (which in my opinion are very cool) that were probably added by the original owner who was a big shot with Buick and bought the car new. The wife and I are the third owners.

The car had 18,500 when we acquired it five years ago. It now has 22,358 and is rarely driven, but still pampered in a heated garage. Who knows, it may be worth some serious money some day.