1923 Lexington

Guest minuteman

Guest minuteman

does anyone know how much gas is needed to be poured in the top of a vacuum tank? I filled it full and opened up the valve at the bottom and it just runs out of the new carb. I don't know if I was supposed to prime it or just let it come from the rear gas tank.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks, Jack

Hi,

Not sure you ever got an answer to your condenser question yet but between that one and this one I think it would probably be best to contact someone in one of the local car clubs to come over and give you some hands on help. I would think that if you contact your local AACA chapter or one of the other clubs and explain your situation that someone could find an evening or a weekend afternoon to come over and help you get it started.

It's difficult to try to give advice without actually seeing what is happening. BTW - did you drop the oil pan and clean out the sludge yet - very important to do so before starting the engine, particularly as it is now full of gas.

The needle isn't seating in the carburetor.

Your carb might be new but it isn't right....... :(

To fully answer your question it will self prime in a few turns of the engine with the throttle CLOSED to ensure maximum vacuum in the manifold.......not that there's anything wrong with filling the tank as you did.

Guest minuteman

I've just installed a new 6 volt coil and condenser.I have power going to the coil, nothing coming out going to the points.What could the problem be?

If the vacuum tank is working correctly 1 cup of gas is plenty. As soon as the engine starts, the tank will fill itself.

Don't know what is wrong with your ignition but if I had the car here, I would have it running in a few hours or know the reason why. You need to find a good mechanic who is familiar with the old cars. You can do a lot of damage inadvertently if you do not know what you are doing.

If the vacuum tank is working correctly 1 cup of gas is plenty. As soon as the engine starts, the tank will fill itself.

Don't know what is wrong with your ignition but if I had the car here, I would have it running in a few hours or know the reason why. You need to find a good mechanic who is familiar with the old cars. You can do a lot of damage inadvertently if you do not know what you are doing.

Totally Agree. Dandy Dave!