28 Chrysler

JACK M

I can't see the picture well enough to be sure what the bumpers are. Most manufacturers didn't offer bumpers as standard until about this time so there were many accessory bumper makers in business. I think that any bumper is 'correct' as long as it is from the same era as the car.

I can't see the picture well enough to be sure what the bumpers are. Most manufacturers didn't offer bumpers as standard until about this time so there were many accessory bumper makers in business. I think that any bumper is 'correct' as long as it is from the same era as the car.

Here you go....the correct 1928 Chrysler bumper is in the second photo....

post-37352-143142728422_thumb.jpg

post-37352-14314272843_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142728422_thumb.jpg

post-37352-14314272843_thumb.jpg

I'm not at all sure we are looking at a model 72. I don't see the Fisher body tag and there are no vents low down on the cowl. It looks more like a smaller model. Zeke.

I see in my books that it shows Model 72s with and without the lower cowl vent. Not certain now which is correct.

I see in my books that it shows Model 72s with and without the lower cowl vent. Not certain now which is correct.

I'm going by my memory of my '28 72 royal sedan. Maybe they came both ways. The car just doesn't look large enough to be a 72. Maybe it's an illusion. If it is a 72 the headlights should be plated. Zeke

The car has a branded title as it was issued via 'statement of applicant' and the brand will expire in February of 2017. I doubt that one would be able to title it outside of Idaho until the brand expires.

I have sent a message to the Oregon DMV and they replied that they want me to call them on Monday.

I kind of like those bumpers, they match the headlight rings, A little polish would wake them up.

The owner tells me that it has the incorrect carburetor and it gives him trouble once in awhile. Also no fuel gauge sender.