two 64 Rivs, $4700, dual quad car

cjp69

That is interesting that the dual quad car has quadrajets and not carters.

Not trying to be picky here but those are Rochester 4GC's, not Quadrajets. The Quadrajet has a 'spread bore' bolt pattern and will not fit on the factory manifold The 4GS's are 'square bore' carbs and share the bolt pattern with the Carter Aluminum Four Barrel.

But Offenhauser did make such a manifold. Too bad it was typical "Awfulhauser" and didn't flow well enough to take advantage of a possible 1700 cfm.

post-50017-143142728618_thumb.jpg

Edited by RivNut
Add attachment (see edit history)

Not trying to be picky here but those are Rochester 4GC's, not Quadrajets. The Quadrajet has a 'spread bore' bolt pattern and will not fit on the factory manifold The 4GS's are 'square bore' carbs and share the bolt pattern with the Carter Aluminum Four Barrel.

But Offenhauser did make such a manifold. Too bad it was typical "Awfulhauser" and didn't flow well enough to take advantage of a possible 1700 cfm.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]270317[/ATTACH]

well those carburetors pictured are quadrajets sitting on adapter plates in between the carbs and a factory buick dual quad intake manifold.

charles l. coker

1953 pontiac tech advisor

tech advisor coordinator

poci

well those carburetors pictured are quadrajets sitting on adapter plates in between the carbs and a factory buick dual quad intake manifold.

charles l. coker

1953 pontiac tech advisor

tech advisor coordinator

poci

OMG! Unbelievable. Wonder what the guy was hoping for.

Ed - I will always defer to you on 63-65 Riv stuff - most of my Buick "teeth" were cut on the early 70s stuff. But those, my friend, with all due respect, were definitely Quadrajets.... Or QuadraBogs as we always called them. Going back to doublecheck myself - Im not even sure the second carb linkage is hooked up... Crazy....

Anyway - the big reason it caught my attention is I know the car I got my dad has been toyed with over the years, so Im always looking for some original pics of the linkage, springs, and trans switch on a 64 dual quad to try and get mine back to "correct".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]270317[/ATTACH]

I deferred to them as Q-jets in my post #7, or at least that was my intent.

I have a friend in the Detroit area who runs dual Q-jets on the nailhead in his '52 Buick Super. Only he also incorporated some vintage bolt on ram manifolds. Really a trick looking engine, but I don't think he ever got it running right and went back to a single Q-jet.

Ed